1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK ROUND 12 | Motul Argentinean Round | 11 - 13 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 10, 2019.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Continued...

Attached Files:

sbk1198 likes this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

Pretty shitty situation.

turbulence likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That round sucked. Hope they don’t go back. No fans. And viewing areas were rocks.

MachineR1 likes this.
  4. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

What a sh!t show. I understand why riders raced and why some wouldn't. It was basicaly a race where it was spot raining for the whole 3 races. If tht track can not gaurentee a proper race track they should never go there again. It looked like they were riding a paved line around a beach. I know if i showed up to a track like that I would have wanted my money back, but if i was getting paid to do it and told I had to, or was going for a championship i would have.

5. Quicktoy

I agree up until I’ve said I won’t race and then still go out and do it. That’s what’s bullshit. Stand together or don’t be on the safetycommission.

pscook likes this.
  6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Can't wait for Supersport at Qatar!

Also we have an American running the R3 in SSP300. Can't wait to watch how he does!

03RumbleBee and Quicktoy like this.
  7. TX Joose

BSN is reporting that Krummenacher (sp?) said the team gave him a slow motor in Argentina on purpose so that Caracasulo could beat him.
    Operation self destruct with no contract in hand? Or does he already have a ride for next year?

8. Quicktoy

Caracasulo blew by the blue R6s in the straights but it seemed when he would come in on a little different line too. I wouldn’t say that if I were Krumen... just because with the shitty track conditions there is no way to really know that.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think on RRW they said Argentina had the most spectators of any WSBK round last year. Guess they had their fill.

Looks like Team Green forced their riders to race. Which sucks. It really comes down to Rea. He doesn't race, the grid is empty. And they do like they used to, run 2 races on one day.

Sent from my smatrfone

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. TX Joose

Rea responded to Eugene about racing. He said he was going to race although the conditions were not ideal and was his own choice, not pressure from Kawasaki. Also they had already met earlier after the free practice sessions and agreed to race and only in the 11th hour tried to have it changed. Rea wasn't about to do that to the fans.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Don't think 17 people there would have noticed, and on TV, you can watch a better race tomorrow.

Haslam said it was due to him being a contracted rider is why he went out there, otherwise he would have probably sat out.

12. TX Joose

They actually had good attendance (50-60k?) but the place is huge and spread out. Not sure what was going on with their seating situation but I assume general admission was the folks sitting on the ground.

Bautista said he was surprised Ducati gave that much leeway on the riders not riding and that all they had to do was adapt just like at other tracks.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Rea is a company man thru and thru as we know from his stint in Honda and now Kawi. To lie that blantantly takes skill.

BigBird likes this.
  15. TX Joose

It comes down to hearsay as far as that goes. I'd believe Rea about his own word instead of how someone else's interpretation or what they may have wanted to hear.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Having dealt with situations like that in the past there are always some riders who are willing to ride and not push as hard as usual as well as those who just refuse to ride in order to make a point to the organizers. His response isn't unusual at all even if he felt the conditions to be more dangerous than he'd prefer.