1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK ROUND 12 | Motul Argentinean Round | 11 - 13 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 10, 2019.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I'm so confused what happened. Why did so many riders not grid up? What poor track conditions? Track looked fine and dry on TV, and the lap times showed. They were running 40s and 41s at the front, same pace as in Superpole, so what was the problem?? Never seen anything like this before. I didn't see any explanation for that during the race or on the WSBK website.

2. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

Riders had a meeting and agreed that the track was not safe to to race. It was dirty and oil was coming up in hot conditions. Only one race line so passing wasn't really safe. Seems dorna pressured the teams to get their riders out there to race. Check crash.net. Great write-ups from Chaz and Leon Camier's perspective.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

maybe you watched on a tiny phone screen ? you could see how dirty the track was. super narrow line. during ss and sb qualifying it was horrible how bad it got if anyone ventured a few feet off line.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. Laverty didn’t hold back on Rea. And I’d have to agree if what he stated is true. Don’t stand with me and say I won’t race and then go race.

5. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

Agreed. From what Chaz or Leon said the race organizers pressured teams. One said that Rea was more or less told to race. He should have stood his ground.

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

man. what a weird race. kinda sad. no fans. riders protesting. shitty conditions. very little on the line.

7. sbk1198

I'll have to check it out.

I watched it on a computer monitor. Hard to tell on any screen though compared to being out there, but it looked like nice black tarmac on the racing line. Maybe it was dirtier off the line, but I didn't really see anyone going off the line much in the race. Nobody crashed and they still ran qualifying times. Looking back at last year's results, this year's pace was about 1.5 seconds slower, so not ideal...but hardly "dangerous" and "shitty conditions" either. Riders will race in downpouring rain where the pace is 15+ seconds slower but they complain about some dust?? Do the spectators that paid to be there get 1/3 of their money back since they only saw 2/3 of the riders racing?

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yea, you should get out there and tell em what's what..

MachineR1 likes this.
  9. sbk1198

Just confused about those decisions is all...even at our club level, we've all gone out there on less than ideal track conditions, and we're racing for a piece of wood not boat loads of money and career contracts. Hell, almost every 8:00 practice session at NJMP or Summit Point or VIR is less than ideal conditions and the pace is usually a couple of seconds slower, and we still do it. Not a big deal.

10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Exactly, you're racing for crumbs of possible contingency and a piece of wood. They're racing for their livelihood where they devote everything into a program sponsored by megamillion corps expecting perfection. If the track is on the calendar for WSBK or MotoGP, it's participants expect the same level of professionalism but the Argentina owners failed to uphold their end of the deal.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    mike574 and sbk1198 like this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

There was oil bubbling up on track. That’s enough for me that I wouldn’t race at a club race.
    And the riders gave a proposal to do a double long race today Sunday since they knew it would be cooler and the FIM still forced them to go out. Bullshit.

masshole likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Maybe qualifying pace wasn't that fast?

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I respect the riders that sat out but I also respect the riders that went on to race. For some it's worth the risk and others obviously it wasn't. If you look at it all the riders that sat out didn't have much to gain by racing anyway.

14. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

they were 2 secs off the pace from last year. The tracks d race was shit.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bardhal Yamaha team manager is going to need a cardiologist standing next to him at all times at the final Supersport round in Qatar.

sbk1198 likes this.
  16. sbk1198

Caricasulo was aggressive as fuck with his teammate at the end lol But Krummanacher has an 8 point lead...all he needs to do at Qatar is pull off a similar aggressive move on Caricasulo and if they both crash, he wins the championship (unless Cluzel wins the race) lol

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

This is a real possibility with both of them being loose cannons. Cluzel could pull it off

18. sbk1198

Damn, they're doing 37s now...almost 4 seconds faster than yesterday. Alright, the track was shitty lol

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Posted to Instagram by Leon Camier and Chaz Davis yesterday.

Attached Files:

BigBird, turbulence and sbk1198 like this.