1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 10 | Nolan Portuguese Round |14 - 16 SEP

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 14, 2018.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

She was wearing a hat?? Hmph.....i didn't notice. :D

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Mahias out of the lead on the last lap due to a flat tire. I’d swear a couple of guys in BSB had tire issues during last weekends races. I’m pretty sure they are on Pirelli’s as well. Makes me wonder...

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Sucks his "flat" tracking victory lap was all for naught

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That happened several times in the past, some disastrously. Those Pirellis are so soft they were peeling them right off the rim.

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I felt really bad for Mahias. He worked so hard and was doing so well only to get told at the end "nah fuck you! you were a minute late to the pits". Lead the whole race, flat tire as he got the white flag, parked his bike then red flag came out for a different incident, got back on the bike to get it back to the pits so he can still technically win the race, crashed not once, but twice on that return lap as the tire was coming off the rim, finally got back to his team and everyone thought he won at first, only for someone to tell him he got nothing.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was sitting here getting mad at him, thinking he only had to do was bring the bike back in, and not understanding why he was "showboating" instead of riding slowly to make sure his tire wouldn't come off the rim. Commentators over here where the D team (everyone else was at the Bol d'Or) and didn't figure out the five-minute rule and to he had almost made it into the pit lane.

cav115 likes this.
  7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I thought he was DQ'd for taking the access road and not staying on the track while returning? Still, sucks for him. Wonder what they're gonna mandate to slow Rea down next year, make him pull a spark plug?

8. Yep. Rispolis exploded and Jack limped his bike home to 4th. Seely also had a flat and McConnel destroyed one on the stk1000 as they make them run the sc2.
    http://www.irishbiker.ie/racing-and...tigating-diablo-supercorsa-bsb-tyre-failures/

RossK6 likes this.
  9. Here is Rispoli’s tire.

Attached Files:

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

This post doesn't work without a picture, so here you go

[​IMG]

MachineR1, MELK-MAN and 418 like this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Holy fuck

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

still don't see a hat.

cav115 likes this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

They'll invoke the old "back of the grid starting position for anyone who wins at least 4 consecutive championships" rule, at every race.

418 likes this.
  14. Yep. Couldn’t figure out why Kennedy’s lap times were dropping so bad as it looked like he was just trying to over ride the bike with 3 or 4 to go. Made sense when he came in and I’m still amazed he was still able to secure 4th and not crash while doing so.

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

2019 Kawasaki ZX-6R until he gets 4 wins...then 2008 Ninja 250R in plasma blue.

418 likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Put him on a Suzuki

@Steeltoe

Jedb and sbk1198 like this.
  17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'd wear her ass as a hat. Whatcha think o' that?

And that hat makes her boots look big.

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Race 2 was the best race I've seen in a while . Rea is just ruthless

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i think it was both (but they just list one reason), didn't make it back within 5 min, and didn't complete the lap and enter pits on the race course.. real bummer.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Race 2 was pretty damn good till Rea pulled away at the end. He certainly has the measure of everyone out there at the moment but I think next year the V4 Panigale will make it a bit more difficult for him. I hope so fro everyone else's sake. SSP was pretty good too. I feel bad for Mahias but thems the brakes.