1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK |ROUND 07 | Acerbis Czech Round | 08 - 10 JUN

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 6, 2018.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]
    POLE POSITION: Left
    LENGTH: 5.403 Km
    CORNERS: 14
    RIGHT CORNERS: 8
    LEFT CORNERS: 6

I had to dig through the last few years of results to figure out that World SBK has not been to Brno since 2012.
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 podium

418 likes this.
  2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

It's also been since right around Brno 2012 that BMW did anything significant in WSBK :D

I'm curious to see if Van Der Mark becomes a consistent threat. I bet he'll have a whole lot more confident after doing the double last time out.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Ducati *should* do better here with the stop and go.

Maybe even challenge Rea?

4. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I’ve got “Fall Asleep” on Lap 13 for Saturday and Lap 17 on Sunday

MachineR1 likes this.
  5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Brno is one of my favorite tracks. I'd love to ride there someday.

The Great One likes this.
  6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Why is there a Giant on the Podium?

Sykes doesnt look the same without the beard.

The Great One likes this.
  7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Ronaldi takes fastest time from Baz on a drying track in FP1. Rea sets thing back to normal in FP2.

8. condon66

condon66 Member well known

...or is there a midget? I guess you could say there's a giant, a midget, and an average guy.

9. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Rinaldi’s Ducati went boom and stopped FP3. Gagne and Jacobsen are at the bottom of the timing sheet.:(

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I really hope when they come to Laguna they're at least in the points

11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The Honda’s are not showing well, but Camier was able to get his into 9th in FP3 and he’s 8 tenths off of Rea in first. As long as Camier is riding the wheels off the bike, Jake and PJ will be expected to narrow that gap.

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Jeez, red flag, restart,jump starts, re-restart...what else can go wrong?

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That restart was a cluster fuck and then it turned into another boring race for the most part.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Fogarty getting erased from the tablets. I'm not mad at that.

Past Glory likes this.
  15. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

There hasn't been any progression from either rider. It's gonna be next American up soon

16. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I wasn’t sure if Lowes was going to take first or find a way to throw it away while leading.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Congratulations to Lowes on his first Superbike win! What a crash fest from the fast guys. Sykes crash was weird as he was down the instant he touched the throttle. Failed TC or bad TC map?

Gagne rode a decent race as was only 7 seconds back from Camier over an 18 lap race. That is only about 0.4 seconds per lap. Less if you count the deficit at the start due to grid position. PJ was only a couple of seconds behind that. It is progress. The fact Melandri and Sykes could only manage 15th and 16th after remounting shows how tight the grid is.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Friggin electricity went out for 5 minutes. By the time my receiver rebooted and went through it process I was only able to catch the 1st 2 laps then the the last 5. Missed the crashes .

19. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

^ Get a UPS battery backup, about $60 from Office Depot or wherever. With all the t-storms in Fl and flickering/momentary power outages this has saved my sanity countless times.

G Dawg likes this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Just watched the SS race and it was pretty good. I like Cluzel and his chicken hat wearing fans.

Did Sykes take out Rea? Didn't hear much about it after the race but it sure looked like he knocked down his own teammate. That dude seems like a dick.