1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | Round 06 - Fassi Malaysian Round | 13 - 15 May

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, May 11, 2016.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Just gonna leave this here until I figure out the time zone / international dateline craziness. It looks like practice starts late Thursday for me here in NC.[​IMG]
    Circuit Information:
    Length: 5.543 Km
    Pole position: Left
    Corners: 15
    Left corners: 5
    Right corners: 10

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wonder if Chaz can pull off another miracle.

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I got Rea.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I doubt it. Chas is the only one that can catch Rea.:Poke:

6. caferace

caferace No.

Note that the track is totally repaved, and just finished early this month. Also a bunch of new camber changes, some corners modified and desperately needed drainage improvements. Old lap times pre-upgrade won't apply, as the length is also a bit different.

-jim

DDK732 likes this.
  7. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

I got Chaz for the double. He finished 1/2 last year. The Panigake R is rocking and he is on his A game. Time to edge closer to the #1 sport for the title.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just always root for Chaz, much simpler and he's raced with us. I'll root for Nicky too but he's got too much bike to overcome at this point.

fixerflyer likes this.
  9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i love me some WSBK, and Rea was my original favorite when i started following it (after The Ben) so i always root for him, then Chaz, and Nicky.

i would like to see a split podium of Rea/Chaz between the two races, but wouldnt be surprised to see the panigale rip up this track. hopefully the weather is good.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hayden to Ducati

Dragginass likes this.
  11. The Great One

Would love to see it, but I think he made the decision to go to Honda as a career/ambassador move.

Honestly I wish he went a couple of years ago when he got the boot from the Ducati MotoGP team, but the past is the past. I think he could do some serious damage on that bike.

12. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

I remember when Nicky tested the Panigale in his Ducati days the rumor mills were saying he was breaking lap records on it. Oh what could have been...
    Who knows, maybe the 2017 Cbr1000 will be fire..."it could happen" -Kid from Angels in the Outfield

Dragginass likes this.
  13. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The fastest times from SBK FP 1 & 2 have the top ten(ish) within a second of each other. No one is putting in long sets close to their fastest lap yet, but that may have more to do with dodging rain drops. Nicky is actually looking pretty good with the second fastest time.

PJ set the best super sport time in FP1. The second session was wet, so he's at the top of the pile right now.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Three rookies in the top three spots in WSBK on day 1. I know it is hard to call Hayden a rookie, but officially that is what he is in this class.
    Sykes quickest in P1, but relegated to Superpole 1 with the 11th fastest time.

15. The Great One

Looking through the lap by lap analysis, Hayden's race pace is looking very good. He put in a block of ~10 laps in the low to mid 2:05's. The only other rider to do something similar was Rea. Rea's laps were a little bit faster but he only did 5 or 6 laps with consistency. I hope Nicky can fight for a podium here!

16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Nicky 2nd in FP2. Davies, Rea, and Sykes down the timesheets.

17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

:clap:Nicky 3rd in FP3.

18. caferace

caferace No.

19. caferace

caferace No.

Live Asia Talent Cup race:

-jim

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And 7th in the first race. :(