1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup | 2022 | Qatar

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 18, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

WOW!

That late almost penalty....wowzer. Zimmerman with the head of steel!

:flag:

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Watching the US play prevent defense was exhausting.

BigBird and henry_carlson like this.
  3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Also if you ever record a game don’t forget to add some time to your recording. I was dumb and forgot today, so I missed the last 3 minutes.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Based on the times I've seen added to games, 10minutes being the longest, i'd add ~15 minutes total.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

1/2 hour minimum, to all non-mainstream sports, like MotoGP and F1. I don’t even think about it.

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I want to see them play a whole game just like they played the first half.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sounds like watching a Bills game.

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

happy happy boy here, i am still not convinced Weah was offsides. thought we were worth winners. next up an unconvincing dutch team that we match up well with imo. the dutch have out of form players and while they lap us in talent and pedigree we saw them come under pressure against a high tempo and energetic team. bodes well for us, we just need to score some fucking goals.

Sergino Dest was born in Holland and chose to represent USA in a very high profile saga at the time, lets hope he has some extra juice to give

Also RE the Reyna saga, he is glass literally glass (just like his father) and is on one of those NBA minute restriction plans with his club team. when he was playing for USA recently (Saudi Arabia???) he started and picked up an injury early doors and his club team was pissed the f off and it was a pretty big deal, so it is no surprise he is getting a lack of minutes.

BigBird likes this.
  9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm over here like "why aren't people talking about this?!?!"

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

the showed the computer VAR or whatever and his shoulder and elbow was offsides

Also, Youtube TV is the best at DVR. it records until the program is done, don't have to play around with extra time, etc. Also can bring you up to speed in a live game with highlights previous to that point and then you join the game live. It's pretty cool.

cBJr and henry_carlson like this.
  11. henry_carlson

yea, ill defer to the system still thought the ball was released prior:flag:
    • offside.JPG

cBJr and BigBird like this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I missed the VAR in the game. I was mostly surprised that the sidelines ref called it at all since it was so close. It seems like they have been letting the play go on lately, and review with VAR as necessary.

BigBird and henry_carlson like this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I wish they could use the VAR after the fact to cut down on the theatrics. If it was blatantly not even touched and you go down, auto yellow card headed into the next game.

Thats the only shit that kills the sport for me.

Playing in South America, its basically taught. I get it, use to your advantage, but it really does pussify the game on a world level.

cBJr likes this.
  14. henry_carlson

they try to, they give cards for dives and this world cup has been physical, they aren't calling much imo. and they are adding the stoppages on the back end. 10 minutes of extra time is unprecedented

BigBird likes this.
  15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

according to reddit it was 4 yellow cards for Poland and 7 for Mexico at the 75' mark.

edit: I guess Poland got a card, so it's 5-7 now.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wow...yellow cards is the tie breaker, that's really getting down to the 7th level

Edit: Guess it doesn't matter now.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Well, I broke my vow, I'm at my brother's house in the UK. How in the hell was that a penalty in the Argentina v Poland game?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What, you couldn't go for a walk for a couple of hours? :D

BigBird likes this.
  20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Fair play, but even I thought that might be a bit rude.:D

HPPT likes this.