1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working in Midland/Saginaw

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by SV88, Mar 23, 2011.

1. dylanes21

dylanes21 Well-Known Member

Is polka dots mx track still open in Midland?

2. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

I'm in the Sagnasty. Well, own a vacant home there and work there. Just moved to Midland / Auburn a few months ago to get out of the Saggy school districts.
    Shoot me a pm with any questions. I was born in Midland and grew up 30 minutes north of here.

Ed's right, I need to be coerced into getting out to the track. Got an 07 RR that's not really competitive and now a body to match. Raced SVs with WERA for a few years, 600, and a couple of rounds in the national endurance series.
    Midland is great, really, lots to offer for it's size.
    The Spirit are awesome. I was just at the game last weekend against the Storm. Those kids play with more energy and heart than any NHL team. You can park across the street for $5, buy tickets at the door for $13, there's no bad seat in the house, the beer is $5.50, and you're back on 675 within 15 minutes of the final horn. There's a ton of hockey in the tri-cities if you play. My Saginaw team play-offs end this weekend and Midland spring league starts on Sunday.
    If you ride bicycles, there are several groups and some great trial systems around the Saginaw Valley for what most people consider a flat/boring area.
    I know a bunch of dirty-bikers at work (and a few at Dow) who know all the tracks and trails.
    And ice riding and racing.... you've hit the jackpot. I did it a couple of winters, poorly compared to who's here. AMA district 14 has some of the fastest riders in the world. I'm serious. The Flint Militia, the flat track dudes from the Flint Clio area are all over the ponds around here early on winter Saturday mornings if you know where to find them. Ross Lake in Beaverton is a hotspot. Sanford Lake is another.

3. SV88

SV88 CCS 88

So Nick - I'm going to ride the Roselawn Endo next Sunday and I'll bring the v. dirty bike up here afterwards.
    Planning to do WERAs Grattan and Ginger races in May so if you're up for it we can carpool or pit. My 09R6 just needs me to ride it like I stole it!!
    Just moved into the Auburn 1bed/garage 2 days ago. 5 min from work. Got to see if I can ride out the back yard!!