1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working in Midland/Saginaw

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by SV88, Mar 23, 2011.

1. SV88

SV88 CCS 88

Just started a 12-18 month job with Dow Corning here so will be switching to WERA racing and hoping to race Grattan, Gingerman and MidO. Any C or D racers living in the area? I race a superbike sv and a SS 09 R6.

Will run a few enduros and harescrambles for x training also.

Stephen

2. ton

ton Arf!

i grew up in Midland. live in Kzoo now. there's a user on here i've seen that is from Saginaw. Nikponcherello. don't know anything about him other than i noticed he was from the old stomping grounds.

i'll be at the Grattan and Gingerman rounds...

3. castrolr1

castrolr1 Member

Good luck out there.. I lived there a year while working for Schlumberger. I had to get out hahaha

4. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I was born in Saginaw.

I escaped also.

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

You working at the shingle plant?

I'm from the Flint area, but have some family in Saginaw and Midland.

I'll be at all of the rounds you mention.

6. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

How far do you have to drive to race out there? My wife works for Dow in PA and I'm curious what it would be like out there.

7. ton

ton Arf!

grattan's about 2h. gingerman about 3 hours.

8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Sorry you have to live there. LOL My mom and step dad retired and moved back to where he is from Harrisville MI. I drive through Flint and Saginaw a couple fo times a year on 75. Not a place I would live of visit but there are a couple of tracks near by even a sumo track if you are into that.

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nik's a good guy who lives in the area. PM him as he needs some persuading to get out to the track this year.

I live in Washington, MI - a bit of a drive, but hopefully see you at the track this year.

10. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Will work for race gear

:stupid: Well I actually live across the street in Shelby Twp, but I'll be at the first Grattan round and Gingerman as well. Stop by and say hi.

11. SV88

SV88 CCS 88

I'm at Dow Corning, Auburn site - electronic materials. No it's not bad. Looking forward to sailing out of Bay city, dirt riding close to where I live and doing a little fly fishing. Living in suburban Chicago is not all it's cracked up to be.

I have raced @ Gingerman and MidO, done a track day @ Grattan (really like that track) but what are the other tracks like Nelson and that track in Western Pa like?

Last year I was on a CMRA endo team so raced all of the Texas tracks and twice @ Hallett Ok. CCS lost RA so it will be nice to see some other tracks than F!@#$%%G Blackhawk!!

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Great snowmobiling a little north!

13. exfix

exfix Well-Known Member

Me too- never going back. Short of being in a Simon and Garfunkel song there aint nothin goin on there... and the Saginaw Gears are gone so there really is nothing.

14. SV88

SV88 CCS 88

Ah but the Saginaw Spirit (one of 3 US teams in the OHL) are here! I saw one of their games already - very good hockey - the OHL is the premier junior league which feeds the NHL.

Yeah winter will be long unless I can find a group that ice rides/races like I did in North Suburban Chicago...

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

you'll love grattan and mid ohio. grids will be decent for the C classes, but pretty light for your SV....however there are a couple of fast guys out there with very well set up SV machinery.

send an email to the witchkraft racing guys to make sure old man kraft brings his SV out.

16. SV88

SV88 CCS 88

Trying to fill out my WERA license app. Never been blood typed even with a double hernia operation!!

Will be bringing the 09R6 and the crf250r up following the AMA enduro race @ Roselan, in. on the 18th.

Looking for a small place with a garage (to store work on the bikes).

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just leave the blood type blank.

18. SV88

SV88 CCS 88

Thanks Sean - hope that's not one of those indestructible bed bugs on my screen!!!

19. stimpy451

stimpy451 Flappy Bits

Hey, I'm in Saginaw. If you're interested in MX some of the best tracks locally are Baja and Bulldog MX in Millington. I trail ride with a good group of retards and you're sure welcome if you want - we usually head north to West Branch / Ambrose / Rose City loops and Evart when I'm feeling saucy.

I'm just getting started in road racing, so it's good to have someone else local...

Pete

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

More offroad can be had if you want to drive out to the thumb with Freelin MX ... in Marlette ... if it's still there.