1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woodcraft paddock stands

Discussion in 'General' started by MVA25, May 6, 2019.

1. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

I’ll get right to the point. How do the Woodcraft stands compare to Pitbull stands? I’m looking to get a new front and rear stand. The front stand will be the triple tree stand.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I have both PB and WC. Both companies make outstanding products. I don't have the WC triple tree stand though. I wouldn't be afraid of using either.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I had them when I first started back in the early 2000's. The WC were fine, but no comparison to the Pitbulls.

TLR67 and G Dawg like this.
  4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Woodcrafts are good, not Pitbull quality, but good. I have a garage full of Pitbull stands and was given a Woodcraft triple stand when I purchased my new bike and it works just fine.

5. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I've have a few WC triple tree front stands and they are very good quality. On of my stands have to be at least 20+ years old and I've never had any issues with them.

I really like how you can adjust the height to work with all different kinds of bikes.

6. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m really liking about these stands. As long as WC stands can hold up for awhile, I think I’ll give them a shot.

7. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

I love my woodcraft rear stand! With bike on it you can pull or push your bike all around the garage and the bike stays on and the stand slides on floor sliders perfectly. My opinion is it’s the bast stand. The pit bulls are too chunky and don’t allow you to move the bike around easily.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

are the WC stands much lighter than Pitbull? im tired of carrying the Pitbulls around.

trussdude likes this.
  9. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

My woodcraft front stand is steel and just as heavy as the Pitbull ones I have.

Both make great stands. I have a WC triple tree stand and have used it constantly for 10years without issue. Not sure if Pitbull is better, but I've never wanted for anything else. I have pitbull rearstands that are fine, but to be honest, not sure what the fuss is about with them. The wheels aren't amazing or anything and my Triumph branded stand is just as stable and easier to hook on the swingarm spools. The Triumph one also has roller blade style wheels so it rolls MUCH easier. Not a deal breaker, but I appreciate it when moving them around the garage.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, and I thought I was lazy :crackup:

TLR67 and stangmx13 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rollerblade wheels don't work as well in gravel/grass/dirt and such. Same usually for the way other stands grab the spools. The Pit Bulls are designed to work well in all conditions a racer could encounter. They are also the standard the vast majority of similar stands are built to - there was nothing remotely like them I ever saw until Charlie came out with his first designs.

12. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I'd be inclined to say the opposite. I prefer the rollerblade wheels because they work so much better running over little rocks and such. The plastic ones on most stands (pitbull/wc etc) tend to snag a rock and slide. The rollerblade wheels are on bearings and work much smoother in general. Don't know what you mean about grabbing spools the other way though, all my stands work in the 'fork' type way. Some just have longer forks that splay outward away from the swingarm and make it a little easier to use.

Also, who's Charlie? lol

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Charlie is the man who owns and designs Pit Bull stands.

We'll have to disagree on the rollerblade wheels, yeah they spin smoother but they are too narrow and the dual wheels to make them wider have inherent issues as well.

14. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

That’s what I figured about the two. Can’t go wrong with either one. Its always nice to hear what racers with more experience have to say. Thanks fellas.

15. I prefer the pit bull rear and woodcraft front. Can’t go wrong with either one though.

sanee likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have both.. but more Pitbulls than anything.. You CAN move Pitbulls around with ease.. Garage floors may vary.

17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Have both - prefer the WC's. The Pitbulls are made to survive the zombie apocalypse (the build quality is second to none) they hold their value, and I love most of their products (TRS, suit hangers, wall attachments for their products ect) but the functionality of the WC's can't be beat in my opinion. It's the little things that add up: height adjustment on the rear - makes getting the rear up comically easy (had a woman rider comment on how much easier it was compared to PB) and the same came in super handy when I just pulled the shock from a new (to me) bike. Both the front and the rears have posts for axles for tire changes and the fronts come with additional posts to hang your calipers on. . .never thought I'd love that functionality as much as I do (you can do the same with PB's but it's an extra cost). Finally, when I've had my bike up on PBs on the lift, I cannot tell you how many times I've run into the handles on both stands, not even a worry with the WC's. As far as hanging them in the trailer - one hook on a one foot section of Etrack - bungee on the bottom and they don't move (with the Pitbulls, you need two hooks per stand and they still move- or get their proprietary wall mounts). Like I said - little things - the Pitbulls are better made (the WC are very well made, the PB are just better) but for overall what I use them for straight out the gate with no add ons - WC gets the win.

Pulled the suspension to get refreshed last night - calipers and axel on the posts. . .

IMG_8438.jpg

If you don't get the removable handles on the PB, they take up similar wall space (but a little bit more) than the WC's and the handles definitely dictate mounting options. . .

IMG_8440.jpg

Up front, the hooks on opposite sides of the cabinets are where the WC's go - no chance I could mount that high if I was trying to get fixed handled PB's in the same location
    IMG_8441.jpg

MVA25 likes this.
  18. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Is there a US importer for Pierobon stands? These seem to be used by a number of WSBK teams.

19. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Those look like they would be awesome. But spending $500 on a front stand, is not awesome. At least not for me, for a track day rider/occasional racer.

20. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone has said.......you can’t go wrong with either one. I’m biased to Woodcraft because of their genuinely great customer service plus I live 15 minutes from their shop. I call in my order and stop by an hour later to pick it up.