1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Withdrawals

Discussion in 'General' started by GSXRGIRL, Dec 20, 2000.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

what overbore does it take to get a 750 hawk. 3mm is 700. im scared i cant affored the crank to hold that motor together. you dont have to worry about me bulding one of those

2. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo--

This kind of interaction with members is exactly what AMA Pro Racing doesn't have. You need to e-mail this whole thread to Hollingsworth and show him how listening to some guys who know something is not necessarily bad. Of course, they'll probably think the whole BBS thing is undignified or something.

But really, those guys just come up with crazy rules and toss them out of left field without having any idea of the possible unintended consequences. It sucks bad.

Like when they told Jerry Wood that letting the 748 into Pro Thunder at 800cc wouldn't eliminate the multi-brand competition...You know what I mean?

JU

3. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

So I can sleeve my 748 Duc down to 699cc for LW Twin Nat......??????

Charlie Mc #90

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

And then this it is back to 750cc. Kinda makes them look like the didn't do their research. Mongo has been very receptive to our concerns. I don't think that there is another racing org out there right now doing what WERA is doing. That is listening to their customers.

5. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

I think that's a great idea. I'll post this to the to the SV List for you.

6. WERA

WERA Administrator

Yes. We don't have any rules about downsizing in Superbike so if you want to do it - go for it. I'll nuke the 748 portion of the rule and we'll see what happens - just understand that I may have to tear it down to quell my own curiousity and the whining when you go smoking past everyone [​IMG]

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

yeah sean bust his *ss. the parts for those are somewhat costly. do it do it

8. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

Sean made a funny, "Charlie go smoking past...", only if he has a cigarette in his mouth [​IMG] Just kidding Charlie, don't cut off my ride and trailer privileges [​IMG] First LW Endurance, now 748 being allowed, I can't take to out pouring of rule changes to accommodate us LW guys, it must be Christmas [​IMG]

9. WERA

WERA Administrator

Don't get too excited, it's downsized 748's...

10. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Talk about withdrawals. Our network went down at 4pm on 12/20 and I am just now able to get on.

Wow I missed you guys!!!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We missed you too!

[​IMG]

12. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

awwww, thanks. I'm hoping to talk the b/f into racing more WERA races this year so that I can meet some of you. [​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - sounds like y'all need to come the party. Just don't tell too many people what Dad does for a living... Racers always have visions of sponsorship in their heads.

14. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

I don't even bring that up unless I know someone already has sponsorship or is a true friend!! [​IMG]

15. wera122

wera122 Guest

Damn Sean, at this rate I'll have to get a bigger fridge for the trailer to hold all the food. Kinda like the huge crowd at the GNF. That was cool firing up the grill and preparing dead animals over open flame twice. [​IMG]

16. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Dead animals as in yummy venicen??? When and where????

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We all showed at the GNF to hang with your Mom - you just happened to be there too [​IMG]

And whaddya mean this is starting to sound like you'll need more stuff - did you not read your post about not being there on the 27th?!?

18. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

I already get a guilt trip cause I missed the monster pit party at the GNF (I had to be at Dixie Speedway instead!), and now I get one about the BBS party? I think y'all are really afraid that I don't exist...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More afraid you do... That would totally kill everyone's image of Tom.

So now that all your excuses are done for - what time should we expect the two of you at the party on the 27th?

[This message has been edited by WERA (edited 12-22-2000).]

20. Elmo Buckweather III

Elmo Buckweather III Well-Known Member

Withdrawal means removal, as from bank account or orifice in a timely fashion, but how from computer on site applies this phrase?

Buck