1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 16, 2018.

1. For sure, I love them. I think they are perfect.

Definitely get the app for them, the equalizer makes a huge difference.

2. I saw it mentioned earlier, but it didn't get a definitive answer.

Has anyone tried wireless earbuds when riding? Will they work inside your helmet, with the ipod in your pocket?

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's usually a sign your earphones suck. The real good ones don't need you to mess with the eq. to reproduce the sound properly.

4. No. They don't suck.

The sound is great as is. However, I like more bass, whereas the wife likes more treble. The equalizer isn't needed to make the sound "better", as in higher quality, the equalizer lets you tailor the sound to your preferences.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As with everything totally depends - depends on the earbuds and the helmet in this case.

I've got custom wired earbuds that work great in a helmet. But overall I prefer the Cardo Scala I have with the speakers mounted in the helmet, just simpler overall and will connect to my GPS, my phone, my wife, also receives fm radio.

6. Ive always wondered about those helmet speakers. It seems to me like wind/bike noise would still get in, and it would be like being in a car and listening to the radio while going 80mph with the windows down.

On the bike ive always used the Shure (wired) earbuds with the noise-cancelling foam bud things. I run the wire down inside my shirt and put the ipod in my pocket. I have never tried to use the wireless buds on the bike. I think ill try when I get home.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not as silent as earbuds for sure. but a lot simpler for me. And the whole talking to the passenger thing.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You’re all about that bass?

No treble?

Jedb likes this.
  9. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I have to agree, they sound great right out of the box but I prefer a bit more down low like Cap't Gorilla over here. My number 1 requirement for earbuds is that they stay in place........that's it. I can't remember how many sets of earbuds I've gone through over the last few years just trying to find a pair that stay put. The closest I got was Jaybird F2/F3 and Freedoms. Great sound quality, but the weight of the wires connecting the two earpieces together would eventually pull one out in the middle of a set or whatever. Yeah it's small gripe but a pain in the ass to have to repeatedly jam the earphone back in. No such problem with these jobbies, they're primo.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or a sign your ears suck. Which is true for the majority of us who have been around motorcycle racing for more than a minute.

tropicoz likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m so disappointed that nobody got my joke:(

12. cha0s#242

I hear ya. Kinda. ;)

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Got it; didn't want it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got it and cringed, not worth a response :D

StaccatoFan and tropicoz like this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sorry...not enough 15 year old girls around the beeb to validate your joke.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cringes and groans were the desired response

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is why we didn't give them to you :p

pscook likes this.
  18. cha0s#242

And we forgot the worst symptom of them all : just very poor musical taste and the need to use an equalizer to make it worse.

19. Answer to this is "yes".

I did the first 300 miles of my trip using the Jabs, with my ipod in my pocket. It worked perfectly fine, no glitches or pauses.

But I ended up swapping to my corded Shure earbuds because they have the foam piece for the ears, which does a better job of isolating outside sound. The Jabs are great for the gym and stuff, but the plastic tips don't seal off good enough to block all the wind noise on the bike.

I wish I could swap them for foam tips, but they have a special/different end so normal foam tips wont work with them.

20. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

What makes them the best you've ever used?