1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wifi Signal Booster

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If he is smart the phone he hands his children will do exactly 2 things. Dial his number and dial 911.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you have kids?

3. Venom51

If you count an adopted 12 year old nephew than yes I have. Will I willingly reproduce? Not a fucking chance.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let me know how the two number strategy works for you. :D

5. Venom51

It worked just fine. He didn't even get a cellphone until he moved out.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are fortunate not to have experienced teen angst.

7. Venom51

I got him in the midst of the teenage angst his mother couldn't handle. It really wasn't that hard to get him in line. I had the one thing going for me that she didn't though. Something that was easily explainable to him. I was once a teenage boy. I know all the shit you are going to try to do and get away with. He still pushed at the boundaries but otherwise ended up being a good kid. He is currently raising two of his own.

His little brother couldn't have been more different. That kid has never seen a line and wanted to cross it.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck that.

The only number it will dial is the other soup can at the end of the hall. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

"FBI Surveillance Van One"

BigBird likes this.
  10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Pffft...when I was I school, I was the cool kid in the dorm that had a 300 baud acoustic coupler connected to my TRS80 so I didn't have to walk to the computer lab and wait for a terminal to free up.
    Now cue the next person to say 'when I was in school, the most technology i had was a calculator'.

11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

When I was in school we had to use Hollerith cards. :Poke:

beac83 likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Slide rule.

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

CIRCULAR slide rule . :p

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When I was in school we couldn’t do much arithmetic, someone stole all the L’s and C’s

15. I think they are actually repeaters where they get the signal they rebroadcast it? I have a netgear wall socket one in my house that works awesome. Wanted my WiFi so I could be out in the garage and driveway. Think it was $30 or so on amazon.

16. Easy fix. A) grow balls b) tell kid to stop c) feel sorry for kid d) forgot you grew balls and cave into your kid
    :)

R Acree likes this.
  17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Waiting for 'abacus' because racers.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We have done for my daughter far more than my parents did for me or my brother. It was based on the old adage that with sons, you only have to worry about one penis. With a daughter, you have to worry about all of them.

pscook likes this.
  19. I have a 7 year old son and 14 n 13 yo daughters. I understand.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

When I was in school I lived in detention so I'm not sure how technologically advanced we were. :D