1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why You Should Be Racing Minis

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by bigwl3, Mar 13, 2012.

1. bigwl3

bigwl3 Well-Known Member

2. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Nice video.

Minis can be alot of fun, and a cheap way of staying in the race mode.

3. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

What you got under the hood of that there GP bike? 150R?

Although I can't compare racing mini's to full size since I've never raced full size bikes, mini's do make you really focus on cornering speed. 5hp is not enough power to pull my 250lb arse on the straights

4. bigwl3

bigwl3 Well-Known Member

It's a TZ125 Chassis with the crf150r motor. Fully tuned on the dyno, it put out 25.6hp. So not bad for a mini, especially since it only weighs 170 pounds.

5. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

looks like a lot of fun. thanks for sharing the videos.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Any of you M1gp guys coming up to Calgary this summer? I hear we are hosting some of you up here to run with us in the AMRA. Hope some can make the trip to the great white north.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

10. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

What I like about it is; you can crash, pick it up and and make a last minute pass for the win! Watch this video, after I tuck the front, fast forward to the. 4:00 mark for the good action... after i crash, I did a few slow laps to make sure everything is good then put my head down to chase the 150R down on my little XR100 powered NSR! Lol
    No fancy music attached... I think my exhaust sound is music enough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGh_5elUZ8w&feature=youtube_gdata_player