1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why on earth do you guys bother?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mad brad, Apr 10, 2003.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

just wondering why you guys even give rsdumbass and team moronic a chance to showcase their stupidity? it's obvious, even though you/me kick their ass with arguments, that they still either {don't get it} as dud says, or won't.

no one has been more eloquent than joss the last couple of days. and it was fruitless.

if you notice, i don't bother anymore.

just curious.

2. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Odd, ya know I was going to post the very same thing?

I guess you can't teach a brick wall...

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Kudos to Joss for being so patient. :D

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

That was the point of my last post on the other thread

The issue is, RSDad writes intelligently, until you actually read the content and realize how his posts are consistently irrelevant and idiotic.

T_A does neither.....so he was on my starvation list long time ago.

Don't feed the trolls!

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'cause Daddy-O does write intelligently. I enjoy it, the times I'm into a debate.
    Chuck gives me a different feeling. You know the feeling after you hit yourself on the head with a hammer. :D Enjoyable sometimes, but frustrating the rest of the time. :)

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I don't know man, I think I'd rather take up drugs if I want "a different feeling":D I've read so much of RStomic that I can't hardly stomach it anymore. Same shit over and over again and it just doesn't make any sense to me......guess this fits.......

PEACE ACTIVIST ETIQUETTE.

[From the Marines at MATCA]

With all of this talk of impending war, many of us will encounter
    "Peace Activists" who will try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001, and those who support terror.

These activists may be alone or in a gathering . . . . . most of us
    don't know how to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike
    up a conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They will tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the people who did this to us, we will only bring on more violence. They will probably use many arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them in the nose.

3. When the person gets up off of the ground, they will be very
    angry and they may try to hit you, so be careful.

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only
    brings about more violence and remind them of their stand on this matter. Tell them if they are really committed to a non-violent approach to undeserved attacks, they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them they must lead by example if they really believe what they are saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are correct.

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them much harder. Square in the nose.

7. Repeat steps 2-5 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making.

8. There is no difference in an individual attacking an
    unsuspecting victim or a group of terrorists attacking a nation of people. It is unacceptable and must be dealt with. Perhaps at a high cost.

We owe our military a huge debt for what they are doing for us and our children. We must support them and our leaders at times like these. We have no choice. We either strike back, VERY HARD, or we will keep getting hit in the nose.

Lesson over, class dismissed

7. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

-Kansas: The reason you are tired of my views is that besides me and TA, nobody speaks for the opposite side of your viewpoint. If there were a zillion of me like there are you, you wouldn't hear me as often. And "Welcome to Last Week" with the peace post.

-sdiver: How can something appear to be intelligent and then be irrelevant and idiotic. Things that are irrelevant and idiotic are generally recognizable from the start. You might not agree with me but I'm not an idiot - well maybe sometimes.

-Paige: I agree. Kudos to Joss. We have had a good debate. We don't agree but he is very civil and tolerant of my views.

-Relax you guys. I'm harmless. The world is a BIG place with lots of people and lots of ideas. Everybody doesn't have to agree and you don't have to get mad at those who don't agree with you. Besides, you're in the majority and always will be.

-Joss, Dave K, Mongrel, etc: No harm intended...I'm just speaking my mind.

-Brad is just huffy and mad because he is being ignored. That is the real reason why he doesn't bother with me any more. He will continue to be ignored until he apologizes for insulting my kids. I'm fair game but not my kids.

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm bad about getting my points across via typing. I'd rather sit down and try to discuss that to "argue" on here. :) That's why I say kudos to Joss because I just get frustrated trying to express my views. :)

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Nope, it's the same thing over and over again and your views don't make sense to me. You don't believe in fighting (the violent type) for what's yours or what you believe in and I do. Simple as that....Sorry Bud, I live in the real world...

Jon

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

kangasj

Wake up and smell the coffee. RSDad is in a totally different league than T/A.

And where did you get the brillant idea that the Iraqi's were behind 9/11? Does this mean we were wrong about Osama?

And why are you such a moma's boy that one little RSDad makes you so upset?

And finally, your exortation to violence against peace demonstrators shows your real colors: you are so weak thart you can't stand it when someone disagrees with you. be a man. And once again, welcome to last week.

:p

Oh yeah, the war was politically stupid for a variety of reasons, but once it started I was gung ho for our troops to get Saddam and rid the world of such a Hitler-like Barbarian -- I never once protested against it. But if I am ever in a peace demonstration and some inbred redneck decides to punch me in the nose like your post suggests, I WILL USE ALL LEGAL FORCE NECESSARY TO DEFEND MYSELF INCLUDING LEATHAL FORCE IF REQUIRED. I AM NOT A PACIFIST AND WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT MY RIGHT TO DEMONSTRATE PEACABLY.

Don't forget that it is Saddam who sends out thugs to beat his opposition, not George Bush. Whose side are you on?

Rodger

11. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

That means that we disagree, not that you are right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong. That's the real world, Swinger. It is this big place where everyone has their own opinion and sometimes they don't match yours. Welcome, we've been expecting you! :beer:

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:D Hokay, I'll drink to that;)

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

You must respect my opinion. I don't get it. You insult me. Why?:D

15. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

It is 3:00. Time for your meds. :p

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Can I have some? :D

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

another illustration of rsdumb's mental ability. i never insulted his kids. i told him i felt sorry that they will be pre-diposed to utter stupidity. {and for sure, they are}

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you are kidding right? 9/11 was just the catalyst that started the war on terror. it wasn't just to avenge the WTC victims. IT'S A WAR ON TERROR!! GOD, I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE SMART GUYS WITH A LAW DEGREE!!

19. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

You said more than that.

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Like Dave K, I don't mind exchanging viewpoints with RSdad. Unlike T Atomic, RS usually brings intelligence to the table, and his humorous side peers out enough to make me bust a gut often. We can agree to disagree. Team Atomic Upchuck spews forth so much left wing Carville crap that he joined Troll, Pastor, and Richaround on my short ignore list where his posts go unread by me. :cool: