1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's buying wera?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rednecks were on board until all the frantic sweeping. Ain't no one gonna mess with that silliness, that's what vacuums are for.

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and leaf blowers.

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That could work....

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

They just heard that Trackday Winner is buying the Canadian women's curling assoc.

5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

New WERA sport .. Lacrosse played with Curling Stones ... time to beef up them sticks boi’s :D

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Already got 'em...

[​IMG]

7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

And the USA is awesome at it too! Yes, better even than the Canucks. Just see the video thread for the Gold Medal beatdown shot on some hapless Norwegian country.

t11ravis likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We can't help it if they can't understand English. Maybe they should stop pretending to speak French.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Any update on how she is liking the sticks? :)

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I worked in Canada for many, many years and the issue wasn't Quebec. In the other provinces and even though we were speaking the Queen's English there was always something to miscommunicate about.
    Example: Hey Jeff we need some stickers and crests.
    Ok what the hell is a crest?
    You know the crest, the thing you put on leathers
    Oh you mean a Pirelli leather patch?
    Yep that's it

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If you just called it by it's proper name in the first place, "a patch", there would have been no problem :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I did they didn't, LOL

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Growing up 40 minutes from Canada me and the peeps developed a big liking for Canadian beer. Back in the 70-80s we would drive over to Windsor to the peeler bars and afterwards stop by a brewer's retail to buy a case to bring home. I remember loving John Labatt's extra stock, Molson triple X and many more Quebec beers that were great and readily available.

Fast forward to the 90s & 2000s, while traveling on business I'd ask for a Kokanee, and the answer was nope how about a Canadian Coors or Bud? Hell no I don't drink that swill in the states why here? We were both speaking English but it didn't translate, so I would ask for a bloody Caesar instead and everything was good!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

She's using the UA stick and loving it. I leant the Warp to a friend who coaches and all the girls thought it was "soooooo cooool!"

So far she's loving the game and getting great comments from the coaches.

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

And those of us south of the 49th parallel still can't figure out why peanut butter and cheeze whiz are breakfast food up north.

R Acree likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I went to the University of Vermont from 97-99. Loved driving up to Montreal and getting that Molson XXX. I’d drink two and be done. Lol.