1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's been to Valencia for a GP?

Discussion in 'General' started by RichDesmond, Mar 1, 2011.

1. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Tried to search but didn't come up with much.
    The wife and I planning to go to Valencia for the last MotoGP round this year. Anybody else been to Spain for a race? Wondering about doing one of the package deals as opposed to a roll-your-own trip. We've both been to Europe before, but not Spain. She speaks some Spanish.
    Any other tips, words of wisdom, whatever?? :)

TIA

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I went this past year. Feel free to ask me any questions about the trip.

I actually stayed right in downtown Valencia and took the train each morning out to the track. There is only one connection and it drops you off just outside the track, very easy. I only know about 3 words of Spanish and was traveling alone but a little impromptu sign language can always get the job done.

I was 100% on my own, but I like having freedom when I travel. I was in Europe for a total of 9 days. Sunday night after the race I took a train to Madrid and then flew from Madrid to Atlanta Monday morning.

3. FPR297

FPR297 Member

I've been to Valencia, Catalunya, and Jerez for Moto GP and they are all amazing. Jerez is crazy. Valencia you can see the entire track from the stands and is easy to get in and out of compared to the other two.

I have not used there service but it sounded good and I talked with them at the GP. Pole Position Travel.

Very easy to do on your own though.

4. wac

wac Well-Known Member

I am from Spain, yep Jerez is nutz.

5. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I went with some friends in '07. Stayed at the Expo Hotel (has a breakfast buffet). Would catch the subway at the Turia station (right down the street) and take it to the train station about 1 mile away. Tickets were bought through Pole Position Travel and I picked up mine from a place across the street from the hotel.

We flew from Dulles to Paris to Valencia. You can get on the subway right at the Valencia airport and ride it into town. We had to catch a cab to the airport when we left because the subway wasn't operating that early in the morning. I think it starts at 6am.

6. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys.