1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's been audited by the IRS?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jan 18, 2020.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

If you have a legitimate business and you’re an honest hard working citizen that uses a reputable and established accounting firm ( the IRS knows this by the number of returns they handle and the diversity of their clients) an audit will never be an issue.
    This goes for any business or anything that individual.
    All of this should really go without saying.
    In my cases, they ask for office space to use and for you or your accountant, or both, to be accessible during the audit. My longest one took 2 days. If you have a company with the qualifying number of employees, you’ll get a Workman’s Comp audit annually, too.
    it’s the same thing, they sit in one of your offices for a couple hours or so and you don’t even know they are there.
    Audits are nothing to be “afraid” of unless you are doing something criminal, at least In my 35 yrs of business experience.

Now, if you are constantly googling audit details about the IRS and you are a drug dealer, you better watch out. Especially if you work in data analytics as a front to your drug business...

3. Mblashfield

True story:

I once had revenge sex while being revenge audited.
    I think it affected the audit in a positive way.
    An ex girlfriend was trying to get me in trouble anyway she could.
    I told her I fucked the auditor on an office chair she bought me. She got really madder.

Im joking

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:
    You need to git yo life right.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Did he initiate, or did you???

YamahaRick, Funkm05 and Phl218 like this.
  6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The troof is really that you masturbated in the office next to the IRS Auditor, isn’t it? :Poke:

YamahaRick and Phl218 like this.
  7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Technically being on the receiving end of buttsex is still having sex. That being the case it's not all that uncommon to have sex with an auditor at the IRS office. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You need to word things carefully around here. :D

Mblashfield likes this.
  9. Mblashfield

Pat

short for Patricia

Attached Files:

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Actually its Patrick. He's still in your new chair and everything.

images.jpeg

11. Mblashfield

That is an actual revenge audit taking place, of the highest level.

Not mine though.

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

often it's a letter from them simply stating you underpaid, or paid late on something.. doesn't always mean an audit is coming.

opinion914 likes this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My default response to any interaction with bureaucracy is to demonstrate my innate stupidity. Once the bureaucrat in question establishes his, or her, obvious superiority, they will generally go out of their way to help my poor befuddled ass.

pscook likes this.
  14. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I got one of those in the mail today. Got audited a couple years back because I'm a shareholder of my employer. Company got audited, so all shareholders got to go through the process. Looking back, it was more stressful thinking about it all than the actual audit. I had a couple of 15 min. calls talking to the auditor, provided copies of my returns for them to verify, they amended a couple of years of returns, and I actually got a check from them in the end.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I just woke up the dog laughing at this.........I can't stop.

:crackup::crackup:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    YamahaRick and TurboBlew like this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

or it could be a marathon session of Fortnite! Those players are tougher than 1%ers...lol Let the Podium Jesus have pity on you shall you meet them w/o a keyboard or screen! :D

17. Mblashfield

i haven’t played any video game since Pac-Man in the 80’s.
    I’m sure they are cool, but who’s got the damn time????

18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I get audited all the time. When I moved to Canada for work in 2014 it started and seems like it happens every year now even though I moved back in 2018.

I do everything by the book and it passes. My tax guy takes care of it all and I’ve never had a problem, knock on wood.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This is exactly what I did a few years ago when I was audited. I decided not to hire an atty as that would put me on the back foot immediately. I went to the interview and just acted dumb. She gave me a list of things she wanted from me. I waited a week and called her and told her I was too busy working trying to feed my family and didn't have time to put together the things she wanted. I was slapped with about $5,000 in taxes, but I'm OK with that. I HATE paperwork, so if that's what it takes to get them off my back immediately, then OK by me.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Between sales tax audits, commercial insurance audits, and workers comp insurance audits, I get hit at least once every year.

Worst was a few years ago Cali State Franchise Tax board decided that delivery of forklifts was taxable. They went back 3 years and popped me for somewhere between $6-10k. I didn't try and collect the tax from the previous invoices to our customers.

Now that we charge sales tax for delivery, I occassionally get customers that try and dispute it when paying the bill.

I let my accountant deal with the meetings with the IRS...the extra buffer reduces the stress.