1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whole house humidifiers

Discussion in 'General' started by rabbit73, Dec 28, 2011.

1. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Might as well ask the beeb because we have HVAC people and some have them installed. Looking for opinions on a whole house humidifier attached to a gas furnace. Steam isn't an option due to price and cost of operation. I've got it narrowed down to 3 (I think).

Aprilaire 600 - cheap, well reviewed, and very popular. But it's a bypass humidifier which I've read can drain as much as 3 gal of water for every gallon they put in the air. We have hard water so I'd have to replace the filter twice a year.

BestAir GH2500 - same principle as Aprilaire but it doesn't use a bypass duct. They claim this reduces water waste. Can't find much info on it, but claims to use less water and elec than other bypass models.

Desert Spring 3200 - this seems like a great product but the reviews are VERY mixed. Love it or hate it. Strange because it uses the same design as the Venta console unit which are always rated excellent. This is the one I'm leaning towards. Virtually no water loss, media can be cleaned and re-used, very efficient.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The Aprillaire filters are like $8 at the Depot. It takes longer to go get it than it does to replace it.

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i have the aprillaire and it works really good