1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is this and where was it?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 23, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I remember sometime ago someone on here said they were there for this world famous picture.

upload_2020-6-23_14-36-49.png

Triple X likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Looks like a Johnny B incident.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Looks like he never spilled a drop of beer! My hat goes off...

MUFC1878, fixerflyer and BigBird like this.
  4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wrong Johhny, maybe?

[​IMG]

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol I was thinking the same. He has that badass photo of the dude on the 3 wheeler jumping the inflatable swimming pool. Always makes me chuckle.

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I took that picture. It was at the 2006 Vintage Celebration at NHMS. (Loudon) The operator is Joe "Two Bolts" Purshock of Cosmo Motors. I had just given him permission to ride his motorized beer cooler out to the scoring pit to help score the races. I decided that him riding out to the scoring pit would make a good picture, so I was waiting with the camera. That's why I was able to catch this shot. In the background, waiting for me to turn them loose, are Dave Roper (#71) and Tim Courts, (#740) father of motojournalist Zack Courts, Brian Carroll, (#747) father of the famous t shirt model that pissed Web off, and our own Grumpy Smurf. (#459)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    grasshopper, VFR#52, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  7. Johnny B

Francis Reed, taken July 5, 2003. Francis had the gift of making people spit beer out of their noses with his spontaneous remarks. One time, after passing a particularly attractive girl, he declared, "I don't know much about women, but I'd sure like to suck her dick!" I have a small gallery of pictures at my website. http://resthome.50megs.com/photo4.html

Unfortunately, he died in a car accident about a month after this picture was taken.

[​IMG]

scottn, grasshopper, R1M370 and 3 others like this.
  8. Johnny Rock B

Johnny Rock B Drinks Vault Soda

Meh. (Stole my shtick)

[​IMG]

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well damn. Still an epic pic. RIP.

MUFC1878 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I hung with Francis a lot in the 90s. One year he tagged along with Scooter and myself to Sonoma for a AMA round. We decided to drive down to SF to have dinner at the Stinking Rose. On the way to eat those bozos were playing the brake check game with me and other drivers on the Golden Gate Bridge. Real fun stuff and I'm surprised that nobody went to jail that night!

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Johnny B
    What every happened to Jack Smith of Sport Cycle Products? Or what happened to Linda of Sport Cycle Products?

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Stinking Rose on Columbia....if I recall. Loved that place.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

One year he tags along with us to the GNF. We had been on the road for days (Oct LRRS event followed by GNF) and we were running out of clean clothes. He asks are we staying at the Gainesville Holiday Inn? Yep I say, then we check in and he says follow me. We go to the laundry room and he reaches into the false ceiling and pulls out a box of detergent, WTF! So we grab beers and do laundry with stashed laundry soap! That box of Tide may still be there!!!

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yep the garlic fried ice cream was special!!! And the food was good too

15. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

These stories are resulting in some much needed laughter. Thanks for posting. RIP Mr Reed.

16. Johnny B

I have no idea what happened with him. I guess he just walked away from the business. No idea why. Steve Guinard became the Dunlop guy and Francis moved over to Michelin to work with Sto. Sto is still at it (50 years in business) and Steve just retired from the business. Tim and Aimee Bemisderfer handle Dunlop for LRRS now.

17. Johnny B

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yes of course old news. And Guinard is retired? Hell no he'll show up at a race in the next 3 months fitting tires, lol

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I miss Francis and Alice! Two special peeps from the NE. Sorry but I can't remember Alice's last name but a cool lady

20. Johnny B

He gave up his tire business. He can't stay away from tires, though. I saw him at Daytona in March.