1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is really running the country?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rat, Apr 9, 2003.

1. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Why Dave... your buddy Brad tells us that degrees aren't worth sh*t :D:D:D
    Maybe he's changed his tune and I haven't heard, he's been on my ignore list for some time

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

That sounded dangerously close to a concession on this topic, with that old familiar passive agressive twist.........

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

funny how when rsdumb gets slammed with intelligence, he says it biased, and slanted. what a poof. and eric is right, a liberal arts degree for sure ain't worth shit.

4. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

And with Brad everyone is a fu<kstick clown....

Never once has he able back up any argument!!

Just uses republican debate strategy...

Dave K...move away from the "bonzo goes to washington" crack pipe...

At least Reagan proved he could read a teleprompter...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bonzo goes to Bitzburg works better. ;)

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

ouch chucky. hurts coming from you.

you get a job yet?

you still polishing that "most consistant finsher" trophy? {last}

7. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Cheese, you just have to be so literal sometimes....I concede that everyone at Forbes, WSJ, blah blah blah know more about economics than me. It isn't my area of expertise and I don't think I know everything. Does that make you feel better? Do you feel as though you have vanquished the infidel, slain the dragon, conquered the enemy?

But I don't think that the crap you're slinging is anything more than an opinon on economics from the right. It is not an original thought by any means, and a left wing economist would have an equally compelling argument/opinion that says that supply side economics is crap. Having lived through the first go-round, I agree that supply side economics is a load of crap that benefits a few at the expense of the many.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dad, can I pipe in yet? :D

9. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

NO, stay in your room young man and no A-Team for a week :D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2003
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

DUDE!!!!!

:D

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I liked the video of the Saddam tapestry better. First you see this guy holding a tapestry of Saddam with one arm while he beat it with a shoe, right in the face. Then a second guy appears, hikes up his robe and does a "Bill Clinton" to the Saddam tapestry's "Monica Lewinski". Great stuff!!
    This morning on CNN they were interviewing some bimbo from al-Jazeera. She said she was "quite surprised" that the Iraqis were celebrating like they were. She said that many "foreign fighters" who came to Iraq to help Iraqis defend their homeland felt betrayed. Dumb shits! They'll get to fight to the death or be treated like mercenary scum!

12. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

OK, so give me all of you money. It will relieve some hatred, doncha think:D

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Hey Eric... This is getting good since Dutch joined in. Pass the popcorn img, please :D :beer:

14. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Yeah what the heck, go ahead. You know more about economics than I do. But, I'm warning you - I'm going to check your work with my sister the "Research Economist".

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

How did you arrive at that conclusion? Can you name another war where reporters went along for a ride with the troops? Where firefights were televised live? Where's the sanitation?

16. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

The 'sanitation' is in your command of English (sorry, I couldn't resist).

The 'sanitization' is in the content of the coverage. The scrolling body counts at the bottom of the screen "Pentagon says 400 Iraqi troops killed in skirmish", "Republican Guard suffers huge losses in battles today. Marines said to have killed hundreds" keep the national euphoria for the troops going. But, the same military that is continually informing us as to how highly successful they have been also makes sure that we are kept from being subjected to the vulgar reality of the people behind those numbers. Explosions in the distance, rocket launchers, carrier pilots giving the thumbs up after a deck landing...sanitized. The reality - screaming wounded, parents and loved ones sobbing over their loss, bodies torn apart by the violence of war. Please don't think that I am talking only about Iraqi citizens. I hate war and the violence that it inflicts on ALL humans - American, British, Iraqi, whatever.

Can I name another war where reporters went along for a ride with the troops? Absolutely. Remember that little altercation called Viet Nam? The reporters coverage of Viet Nam was unprecedented and it had a lot to do with public opinion of war. The military learned from the media's coverage of Viet Nam and they will never allow citizens to develop opinions of a war without their influence again as a result. The military learned about PR from the Viet Nam experience. What we see from the media in Iraq is the result.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No one wants to go through econ 101 yet again, so I'll just shut the heck up (first time for that :D).
    Never made that publication, I hated writing for a bunch of Economist. What a bunch of bores they are.

18. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

My sister: Research Economist. Her husband: Accountant. You talk about a couple of ding dongs that will put you to sleep....

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, being a research economist is a drag. That's why I never wrapped it all up, because being a economist or a econ professer just didn't appeal to me. I'd rather work a gas pump a the corner Hess station.
    I wish I could go back work toward becoming a teacher (either high school or college). History would be sweet. oh well.

20. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Secret: I'm a school psychologist.