1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here vacations without their kids?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:beer:

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hope all is well Edmond. Sounds like things worked out.

Cannoli likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Understood on the airing it out thing.

So you still have the Exige S? I haven't yet driven an Elise or Exige, but had a deposit on an Elise before they first came out. I was at the LA auto show, probably 2003-04ish and they were taking deposits of $1000 to get on the list. I put it down, but bought my business in 05 and decided I needed to focus on that at the time.

I haven't researched Exige's much, but I think the main difference is having a blower for more horsepower and the over the roof air duct. Are there suspension differences too? I've seen a few Elise's for sale that have added a blower for low $30's. It seems Exige's are all mid 40's and up.

Thanks for any additional info, hope my building sells in the next 6 months and then I may buy a toy.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm almost 100% sure that it was covered in something I sent you.

5. Boman Forklift

I’ll have to go look again, thought I watched all that stuff.

thank you

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Sold the Exige S in 2012 (for slightly more than I paid for it) and bought an M3. Traded the M3 in for a Honda Civic free and clear (which I still have 7 years later) to realign with my reality at the time. I’ve gone through a few other vehicles since those days but look forward to having another “fun car” after the kids are through college. As of late, my guilty pleasure has been road bike related. Easy to justify the expense for the health benefits.

Prioritization now means guilt-free fun later. :beer:

Boman Forklift and pscook like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A guy in a Lotus dealership comparing the three cars in the model lineup? It's been a couple years since I watched it but I thought I saw that in there.

8. Boman Forklift

LOL, I understand priorities, I've been driving a 04 (motor let go) and now 06 Honda Civic for the past 10-12 years.

Which M3, E46? I really like those.

My wife and I bought a 95 E36 M3 when they came out back in late 93 or early 94. I remember finding it odd that a 95 was already out. We were just married in 93 and we bought a little 1100 sq ft starter home, and started looking to replace my wife's Honda CRX. Went with my buddy to BMW because my wife thought she might like one. I drove a 5 series, 7 series, and even a used 8 series, and non of them blew my dress up!!!

We walk by a white 2 door coupe M3 sitting in the showroom, it just came in and the buyer cancelled it. I hadn't even heard of one, but my friend, who was more into cars at that time, said we should look at it. It was special ordered with the cool looking black cloth with M colors sprinkled in, Alcantara interior, and sunroof delete just like the lightweights had. I don't really like leather, nor sunroofs, so that was already a big plus. The salesman suggested we go for a test drive and the sound and how it felt going on and off the exit ramps was amazing. Felt much better than my Porsche 930 Turbo with its super long "truck throws" while shifting the transmission.

My friend gets on the phone and tells my wife that if she thinks she wants a BMW, she may want to go with this one, because I didn't like any of the others. She came down, loved it, and we drove it home.

I actually liked driving that car more than the 930 Turbo I had at the same time. However, two kids within 12 1/2 months meant the M3 left and a 96 Dodge Grand Caravan arrived.....hahahaha.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nice coincidence, I posted one yesterday in the YouTube thread that you should like. :D

10. Boman Forklift

Haven't gone in that thread for awhile, I've gotten way behind on my beeb reading/viewing.