1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here vacations without their kids?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 16, 2020.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Funny reading the responses for the latte' sipping helicopter parents, surprised they are even allowed to ride bikes...

Sweatypants and cav115 like this.
  2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

My kids are 10 and 8. I’d rather take a vacation with them and leave my wife at home.

pickled egg and jrsamples like this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

proof that the beeb needs a men seeking men section. Looks like we have a volunteer moderator too.

yeah, I know :rolleyes:

upload_2020-1-21_19-17-13.gif

And heel too! :Poke:

upload_2020-1-21_19-19-42.jpeg

jrsamples likes this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I've moved to fewer bikes and more miles.

When I had many bikes, she said that if I bought another bike, that it would be the last straw. I said, how expensive of a bike? There's a 1198 SP dollars, and there's an '89 KLR? Just exactly what is the dollar break point? :D

pscook likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, so what did you go buy?

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I bought a 2nd 748 yellow, a new TW200, and a new Yamaha ka ka Kodiac 700 atv. :eek:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Just over 5 years ago. Through the divorce, I sure learned a lot about how to (and how to not) make a relationship work. I’m certainly a better person for it, proving good can come from awful situations if we choose to grow through it instead of simply going through it.

HPPT and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

...pearls to swine. :Poke: :D

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wait...what? How did I miss that?

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don’t remember reading about it in here, but I’m glad it turned into a positive experience.

On another note I remember you bought an Elise and then it seemed we didn’t see you much anymore. That car is one of the few that I’m very interested in, how did you like it and would you buy another?

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s because he didn’t feel the need to run on here and talk about his personal business like so many others here. Just a thought. ;)

Boman Forklift, Cannoli and pscook like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He did buy another. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Your mean the same guy that asked about rubbing one out in the shower to reduce his count to avoid knocking up the wife? That guy? :crackup:

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He was younger and dumber then. :D

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Young dumb and full of cum evidently.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not after the shower.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He was talking about the shower...

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Yep, wasn't something that needed to be aired on the internet. I did grow-up a lot since the BBS days of old ;)

I actually had the Lotus Exige in 2010, then after a mishap on some black ice, bought the Exige S. While the N/A Exige was a trill to drive, the S took it to a whole new level. Funny thing, I got pulled over the other week for driving slightly over the speed limit in a speed trap zone. After he gave me a warning, the officer started talking about "all the tickets I got in my yellow Lotus". Apparently he was a gear head and wanted to chat about the car. Since he did give me a warning, I felt somewhat obligated to entertain the questions. Crazy thing how events from our past come back around, sometimes at opportune times, and sometimes not so much. :D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The world is not prepared for a responsible Cannoli.

20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I have 3 girls...4, 2, and 6mos. They have changed me in ways I never imagined. The 2 oldest will spend the night with grandparents every week or 2 to give us some " mommy daddy" time, but other than that we just can't imagine leaving them for days at a time. Every family is different, but for us traveling alone will just have to wait until they are grown, and we like that. I can't wait to drag my girls across the country in an RV and make them look at boring stuff:D

britx303 and Boman Forklift like this.