1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who expected that? Damn!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 21, 2018.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I’ve been to flattrack races since Danny and the Hayden boys were little kids on 50s and 80s. I love me some dirt track racing.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They need to start helping out Dan Bromley NOW! He's leading the singles championship, on a KTM, but doesn't have money enough to go past the TX round.

3. stk0308

Have to see how the 790 revs. Flat track seems to need heavier flywheels to make good traction. Not giant revs with HP way up the range. Having said all that, KTM isn't known for half measures on dirt. This could be quite interesting.

gt#179 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't dad own a dealership?

5. stk0308

I don't know. He sounds like he's running his own program. He has said he only has funds enough to run the next round, then that's it. His day job is as a carpenter.

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Depends. On the miles a high rev engine might be the ticket.

stk0308 likes this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Awesome! KTM run great race programs, and Red Bull is a marketing machine. I can't see this as being anything but good for the sport.

I'm thinking about taking my son to either the Arizona or Sacramento Mile event. Of course Sacramento is the classic, but is the Arizona Mile pretty good from a live experience? Bummer there's only 3 events in the West, and so close on the calendar.

8. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Sacramento for sure if you haven't been to either. Arizona is cool, but not just not Sacramento, IMO