1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who doesn't love the beach

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Me...

3. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I live a mile from the beach. Never go there.

Gixxerguy855, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't not be surprised to see that on an Australian beach, not one bit.

Jedb likes this.
  5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I love the beach, spent a lot of years on a lot of beaches. I can be happy with a book, umbrella, and a rum drink and make a day of it. I have seen a lot of miserable people on the beach over the years. Over pack and act like they are going camping on a safari on a deserted island when there is a 7-11 or tourist shop 2 minutes walk away. They best was last time on St. John sitting on trunk bay and the mother of the family next to me was complaining about sand, and how she didn't like it. And then complaining about sun. It's a beach, you do realize there will be sand, sun, and water there???????

R1Racer99 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I despise the beach. Hell, my parents own a beach house and before the kids were born, I hadn't been there in like 14 years.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Captain Morgan

different strokes for different folks, I'm all about if something makes you happy, do it. I like my toes in the sand

zamboiv and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Not a beach guy. Boats, lakes, rocks... all good but no sand
    And don’t let wind gust up there.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

There sure is alot of wildlife in Australia that can kill you.

busa99 and jrsamples like this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It will be an interesting death, though.
    How many of your friends have been kicked to death by a kangaroo?
    Or smoked by something that looks like a beaver raped a duck
    (okay, that one won't kill you but it will make you sorry you said
    "Oh, look at this cute little guy").
    Then you have the box jellyfish waiting for you at the beach, backed-up by
    great whites.
    And snakes. Lots and lots of pizunus snakes.

11. Captain Morgan

Very true, there is a lot of dangerous animals there. More scared of a box jelly than a shark.

12. Captain Morgan

a saltwater croc kind of tops the list of animals that I don't want to encounter!!!!

13. I like the beach in moderation. I love the beach at about midnight with a couple rods and the water lounging in a chair under the stars with no one around. We go to the beach every year but I also pay as much as I need to to have beach chairs set up in good loacatoons, etc. That is money well spent to me. I don’t want to be frustrated and have to be uncomfortable on vacation.

14. I second that one. Im doing my part for wildlife safety after my 8pm conf call to control the coyote population.

15. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

D2707C7E-ED78-4E37-972A-5ADF74BDF19F.jpeg Me. Always been a mtn guy.

Today poking around by the house.

The end

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That thing is wicked!

Also no to beaches they suck. Everytime I visit one, I'm ready to leave after a few seconds...don't get the appeal and generally just avoid them. Love mountains, desert, and forest.

17. Captain Morgan

I tend to appreciate all climates and places, but grew up on the beach. Everything that is home to me draws me back to the ocean. If I'm away to long I feel it. I lived a year in Vail, Colorado, worked in Washington, Oregon, Wyoming. Just came back from Nepal and India. Spent 3 summers in remote Alaska and going back this summer, as for sheer beauty its hard to beat the mountains. Like I said, to each their own, every beach in the world is just sitting on sand looking out to water, some sunsets better than others, lots of awesome places in the world, my life and my job has sand involved, just make sure you get it all off your feet before coming on the boat or into the house!!!!!!

18. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Sharks, salties, rays, snakes, box jelly fish, irukandji - they're all waiting for you at the beach. That's just the beach, muhaha.

4cc13f77183192c830fa19465eeb8ca3.jpeg

19. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I read all you nay sayers, and say to myself.....

... 'Charlie Don't Surf'!!

Beach catamarans, surfing, snorkeling and scuba- (IF decent water and underwateter wildlife), widsurfing, kite boarding, the list goes on and on

JBraun likes this.
  20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

There are a couple of you that I’ve wondered if there is anything you DO like after reading comments over the years, though I never would have thought even the god damn beach doesn’t escape your ire. Sand, sun, water, girls in bikinis.... “I hate it! It sucks!”

Jesus.

cha0s#242, beac83, Razr and 10 others like this.