1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who are our FFL guys here. I have some questions to ask.

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Feb 11, 2019.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Like someone stated if the engraver is a licensed ffl you can ship hand gun not mail to them. If they are willing to take it from a non licensee. Some don’t

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve had people bring me guns they’ve sold on gunbroker to ship out of state to ffls that wouldn’t except a gun from a non licensee. That’s not usually a problem for repairs and such. If I ship for someone it is actually more work than a simple transfer but I charge the same plus shipping. I have to transfer the gun from the owner to the ffl so yeah it gets logged in and out and it is a transfer fee. So keep that in mind if you sell out of state. A few years back when demos were in charge and people panic bought and drove prices crazy and supply was dropping I couldnt find anyone local to do a transfer. Even now if a shop stocks a gun you picked up online it is Very unlikely they’ll transfer one in.

3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Too bad it was lost in a boating accident.

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think by now the trigger words have gotten the NSA to give up on this place :D

Fencer, Banditracer and Shenanigans like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Scotty87 runs the FFL, I just win it :D

6. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

Each region has a different inspector. 1 year is a long time.

NC also had a state reg re trusts that differed from norm. Post July '18, no difference.

Form 4s typically move between dealers in less than 30 days. Our stamp approvals typically run 4-5 months once the item arrives.

Shenanigans likes this.