1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who’s going deer hunting?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Gun season starts in a little over three weeks here in WI. Managed to get a doe tag for the first time ever in the zone I hunt, which is great for me since I need all the help I can get lol. Sat for 3 days opening weekend last year and only saw one, and that was on the road walking back to the cabin. :rolleyes:

Anyone else headed out in the woods?

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Meat is murder.

Tasty, yummy murder.

5axis and SGVRider like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Might go kill some ducks in the morning, and then some pheasants in the afternoon tomorrow. Racing XC Saturday, but may set up a blind and try to kill a gobbler on Sunday. And then headed to Michigan to grouse hunt next weekend.

No deer tho. :D

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I was trying to find a location but it's not easy. I need land owner permission here MD.

5. Not it.

ToofPic and BigBird like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Does getting them with a car count ? Wife's done that.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The wife's sons will be having that "fun" (what the hell else you gonna do in Zanesville?). I'll patiently await the packaged product to put on the smoker/grill.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Heading to West Virginia in a few weeks. I even bought a new deer rifle.

[​IMG]

Steeltoe and Chris like this.
  9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Former hunter here. I hunted A LOT, back in the day. I bowhunted deer and turkey, and even some small game, almost exclusively. I shot a few deer with my deer rifle (a pre '64 M70, .30-06), but it never satisfied me the way archery season did. I really had a great time with it, but other hobbies have since taken over my free time. I do miss it, now and then. To all the hunters out there, be safe and respectful of mother nature. Good luck!

seroj likes this.
  10. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I know this guy will be there...
    [​IMG]

11. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Whatcha got there?

12. rd400racer

Just a basic G3 clone. I'll have to say, I took it to the range for the first time the other day and it shot quite nicely through the open battle sights. I was a little surprised. It did manage to almost shatter my cheekbone after a couple of magazines though:D

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Getting the itch. More deer than I ever remember in my lifetime around here. Too damn many.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I don’t think that clip is big enough, might want to tape 2 together back to back. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’m going tomorrow.
    Driving to AL and will hog hunt tomorrow
    Night and if we don’t stay out too late ...
    bow hunt Saturday AM.
    Pm deer hunt, hog Saturday night and AM bow hunt on Sunday

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You must be vegan? Man can not live off of Velveeta alone :Poke:

17. rd400racer

They already think I'm a wack-job city boy...that would really send them over the edge:crackup:

18. Oh no, I eat meat everyday. I live off beef and chicken.

I just can’t kill anything, except bugs.

ToofPic likes this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

We call it deer avoiding while traveling around up here

Banditracer likes this.
  20. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

Chronic wasting disease affecting my areas. I'm not risking prion disease. Even though you can drop the head off for testing I believe the deer can be infected and be sub clinical for two years. I know it has never been transmitted to humans but I don't want to be the first. Hopefully they cull the herd in the next few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk