1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Suit Would You Pick?

Discussion in 'General' started by Black89, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I know another what suit thread but I've speant a week watching review videos and and going back and forth from one to another so I decided to ask the not so friendly beeb for some help.

I have had an A* two piece jacket / track pants combo and an Arlen Ness 42US roo Titanium. I loved the Arlen Ness but it was a little short when I bought it and I gained about 25 lbs and can't wear it any more. I really liked this suit though it felt much better than the Alpinestars as far as protection goes that is why I'm leaning toward a slightly higher end suit than a SP-1 unless they are that much different than a good jacket/trackpants combo I had.

I'm 5'11' 185lbs

1) 2010 Arlen Ness Roo Magnesium 44US . This was what I was going to buy right off the bat but unfortunatley I really liked the white suit I had before and this is only available in black now so I started looking around. Cost: $1300

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010...40?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item3cb594135c

2) RS Taichi GP-WRX R302 white 44US Really Think this looks like a good suit just not sure if it will perform as good as the roo Arlen Ness suit. It doesn't have the Japanese leather that the other high end Taichi suits have that gave them such a good name so I'm not sure how this one holds up??? Cost $1100

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6071

3) Dainese Laguna Seca Pro Estiva white 44 US This suit looks good also just have never worn Dainese before but it gets quality reviews and they say it is really good for what you pay. Cost $1200

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7523

4) Dainese Redline Estiva 44US Like the waterbag and the suit as a whole but not sure if I like the dual zipper and non-removable liner. $1200

5) Other! Tell me why I'm an idiot for choosing these suits and make a recommendation.

Cheers it's HH on Friday

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

For that money? A custom built from Syed or Barnacle Bill or Spyderchick or your custom builder of choice.

3. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

komodo. best trackside venders who will help you out as much as they can. 2 cheers for Lee. I've crashed the shit out of my komodo as well and its held up great and was at a great price.

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

taichi from STG

5. JD¹³

JD¹³ Turbo Slow

I love my Arlen Ness Kangaroo!

I've seen a couple of the new Alpinestars GP Pro suits coming through the shop here and they are very nice. Priced slightly less than the options you've listed I think.

6. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Out of all of those I personally would chose the RS Taichi.

Just be careful. A* 44 suit is very roomy, some of those suits fit slimmer than others. Make sure you try before you buy. Good luck

7. socal

socal Well-Known Member

I have the Laguna Seca and Red Line suits. Both are a Snug fit. The Red Line has the special liner that is thicker and results in an even tighter fit despite the stretch panels. Great suits otherwise.

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I just saw one of Jimmy Wood's ACT racing suits. Andy from ACT showed me a bunch of other ones from other AMA and fast WERA guys...Those things is dope. I ordered a custom one on the spot.

9. Black89

Good info guys thanks. I would go with a custom suit but I've just never seen many custom made suit's in person so I don't know what to expect.

10. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I'm with the Taichi as well. I've surfer the asphalt in mine and it held up very very well.

11. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Send me a PM...Andy sent me a shitload of mockups...I can send them to you so you can see for yourself.

12. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Good call.. Andy does nice work.

13. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

14. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

15. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Rs Tiachi for me!

16. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

My last two suits have been Arlen Ness they're damn near indestructible.

17. mavrik82

mavrik82 Well-Known Member

Pilot, awesome, Send you one to try for sizing, you custom design suit from hundeds of designs and colors, and pay off the shelf pricing. Check out thieir site before you buy anything. I think they are as crashworthy and well made as any you've listed.

18. cdill35

cdill35 Well-Known Member

I have the 2009 Arlen Ness Kangaroo and have crashed more times than I can remember in it...At least 10 times and never so much aa received a scratch.

Right now they are blowing out those 2010 models. Give Eric a shot at your business. [email protected]

2 years and 10+ crashes...

[​IMG]

19. Black89

Man I was impressed with Arlen Ness before but sonofabitch that is impressive. I'll give Eric a shout for sure.

20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You're doing it wrong.