1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Light Weight battery dependable?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by PhilDucati, Dec 16, 2010.

1. PhilDucati

PhilDucati Well-Known Member

I am thinking buy couple light weight battery for my couple bikes. Which light weight battery more dependable?

Speedcell
    Fulse P2- full spectrum power
    Antigravity

2. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

I've been running a SpeedCell SBK on my Gixxer 1K since they first came out and it's worked great. My bike's in full street trim with lotsa extra electronics on it.

Motowheels is now selling these new "Shorai" jobbies. Asked Martin over there about them and from what he says, these seem to be the next latest and greatest generation of lightweight batteries.

http://www.motowheels.com/ITALIAN/m...es&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  3. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Shorai looking good

4. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

I'm intrigued by these new Shorais. If and when my SpeedCell ever quits on me, I'll prolly give one a try.

5. chocadile

chocadile Well-Known Member

We had a racer on our team run the full spectrum power battery all seaon long with out any problems.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've heard all good things on the Speedcell/Full Spectrum batteries. Lots of reliability and currently in use on many of the AMA bikes.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

The new hotness....

[​IMG]

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

mini optimas?

9. PhilDucati

PhilDucati Well-Known Member

well, I'll give Shorai a try
    Shorai Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Battery LFX14A1-BS12 $129.95

Stock engines 600 cc twins to 1000cc with stock stators and compression as well as Triumph 675. Also recommended for modified engines under 750cc as well.

Voltage (V):12
    A/Hr PbEq:14
    Cranking CCA (A):210
    Weight (lbs.):1.83
    Max Charge (A):14

10. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Please let us know how it goes. Very curious.

11. chugs

chugs Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I am testing the smallest one LFX07 in my R1 right now. It is spinning motor easy and I did like 30 times in row hitting starter without any slowing down. It weights less than 1 pound. You will have plenty with that LFX14.
    I do sell them so I may be biased but imo they are the best deal out.

13. Check out the MOTydesign batteries, the four cell weighs 0.75lbs. :up:
    http://motydesign.com/

14. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

yeh I run this in my gsxr

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

would the 8cell one be needed in a 600cc r6 motor? it's one you dudes put together awhile back, 2mm JE pistons, 24thow clearance or so.. The stock battery kinda struggles to turn it over when the motor is hot.

16. Agg2001

Agg2001 Well-Known Member

eff that "gel" mess. get the motydesign 4-cell and be done with it. more amps, cycles, life, etc. than the oem bats, and all in under a pound. :fact

17. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

18. Agg2001

Agg2001 Well-Known Member

motydesign 4-cell is only $110, iirc.

19. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

does anyone know if the battery tenders (designed for SLAs) work on these batteries?

20. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

Maviryk's are $80 shipped i believe