1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which GLOVES to buy? 2017 addition

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Chaplain45, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

Couldn't find any current "glove" posts and since they are always evolving and new players are getting in the market....

What current track specific gloves does everyone recommend and what features too look for?

Current gloves are Alpinestars GPS Tech that are at least 2 generations old and have grown very stiff from rain. Just bought new boots this summer so not really wanting to throw down $400 for another pair of GP Techs/SuperTech.

Any feedback on these:
    >GIMOTO GP5 http://gimotostore.com/product/gp5motorcycleracegloves/
    >RACER R-Safe or other http://www.racerglovesusa.com/r-safe-glove/
    >Alpinestars super tech
    http://www.alpinestars.com/supertech-leather-glove#.WGgUSHqIbqA

Thank you!

2. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

Get them with palm sliders. I prefer the hard plastic Knox SPS system. Other than that, like anything else, buy a quality brand. I just picked up some RS Taichi and they are like butter the leather is so soft. I actually wonder how thick the leather is, to be that supple.

I like the design of the GIMoto and Racer gloves you posted and have heard good things about the Racer gloves. The A* really need to get the Knox system on their gloves for me to buy.

3. ceebus

ceebus Well-Known Member

I've been very happy with my Racer High Speeds. Below is how they look after a full season and three crashes. They have the knox scaphoid sliders in the palms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I don't think the Held Titan Evos can be outperformed.

I suffered a hard crash and both my palms hit the ground, while they don't have the KNOX SPS they have sufficient padding coupled with stingray leather, which is slippery on impact (and as abrasion resistant as you can dream of) and while the bovine leather tore in places the entire palm which is made of kangaroo didn't tear and the stingray didn't show any abuse, you could tell it slid across the tarmac but it still looked like it could take 20 more slides is what I mean. And all this was in the original Titans not the current generation Evos. They are cheaper than other high end gloves with have the protection..... yes I mean you Dainese. My hands weren't even bruised and didn't feel like they were in a crash by the Grace of God.

[​IMG]IMG_20160222_100142 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20160222_100148 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20160222_100119 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20160222_100203 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

5. gabriel

gabriel Well-Known Member

Heroics sp-r pros are pretty decent held up well in a low-side & the fit & feel is great as well.

cpettit likes this.
  6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Have had Helds and Knox. I was apprehensive of leaving either of those, but eventually tried Taichi's and they're my favorite so far.

noles19 likes this.
  7. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Is there a new math for 2017?
    Gah dammit! I was just getting the current version down and they go and throw new shit out there! Shit pisses me off! :D
    Hey, it's a really slow day at work and my first day back after 18 off.

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'll second that, and also add that the finger elastics/design makes for far less hand fatigue than I got with my prior go to, Held Titans.

9. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I switched from Knox to Five gloves and I'm quite happy with them. The ventilation is on another level from any glove I've ever worn and they offer pretty darn good protection. I've been wearing the Race RFX but the lower level glove still has almost all the same features.

http://five-gloves.com/catalogue/?gcat=1-racing

10. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

DWhyte,
    Where did you get your Five Race RFX gloves from? I'm interested in getting a pair.

11. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Racer gloves are awesome! Feel like you've worn them for months straight out of the box. R Safe or High Speed.

Lee is good people as well

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i really like the fit/finish of the heroic gloves. i get em with the stingray slidy bits.. durable glove. not light weight. had a few vent holes put in between the fingers as it's hot as heck down here..

13. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Our Canadian distributor is Motovan. If you go on their website it should show a couple locations in the US or shoot them an email.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Heroic and Held are my favorites.

15. HEF211

HEF211 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the Taichi

ekraft84 likes this.
  16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Taichi also, I think my suit pushes them off a little bit and it;s super annoying.

17. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Love me some Held bit I heard you Eddy and got myself some GP EVO's at DC bike show for excellent price!:beer:

ekraft84 likes this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Bringing an old thread back from the dead.

I'm currently shopping for new track day gloves. I'm prioritizing hand protection over feel or comfort. I've tried the following:
    1. Knox Handroids - didn't like. Felt cheaply made and gimmicky.
    2. Racer High Speeds - like. Seem like they offer a ton of protection. I like the conjoined pinky/ring finger as well as the beefy wrist protection.
    3. RS Taichi GP-Evos - like. Little less protection than the Racer High Speeds, maybe a touch rougher in the interior. Least expensive option.

I have a set of Held Titan Evos on the way as well. $400 is a lot to stomach, but it's cheaper than my insurance deductible. Are the Stingray palm sliders a match in terms of protection for the Knox SPS system?

Any advice or anecdotal experience on these gloves is very welcome.

19. gabriel

gabriel Well-Known Member

Todd @ Heroic makes a decent glove.I know for black friday he had a good sale on them not sure if its still on def worth a check.

20. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

buddy went down in T1 at UMC with brand new Handroids and 2 fingers blew open at the seams. I'm sticking with Held.