1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where's hippie now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Schump, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

just wondering where Chris "hippie" Birkle is working now. I met him in the pouring down rain when he was wrenching Geoff's bike @ slummit pond in the summer of 2001 racing Formula USA w/ Team Embry. Seen him at the track (VIR, Poc-a-hoe, Summit, maybe another i forgot) and i remember hearing he broke his pelvis skateboarding waaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast w/ Geoff at Mosport.
    again, that was years ago.
    and DAMN...i had planned on going to VIR for the AMA race this year, but only realized last night that it was THIS weekend...why can't they stick to the hurricane schedule from 2 years ago when it was in september when i would have more loot to go???.
    somebody buy me a jet so i can fly down there and not have to drive...
    that and i wouldn't have enough loot for a ticket and gas to danville and back from NOVA....doah!
    mid ohio maybe?
    thanks,
    Hop Along

2. He works for a Korean Motorcycle Manufacturer. He was helping Keith Marshal with Team Embry but after Keith was hurt earlier this summer I am not sure if Keith is back riding yet. Chris is helping a young up and coming guy at the moment...pretty fast kid from what Chris has told me...he expect good things to come with him in the future. He's busy though...hard for me to get a hold of him and I only live 2 miles from his house...we both have crazy schedules so we haven't had much time to catch up.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

well i know keith is back riding, as he qualifyed 20th i think it was at VIR right behind David Weber. Whether or not Hippie is back with him or not, i dont know. :up:

4. Chris is at home...I just talked to him...gonna watch the races as his pad tomorrow. I think Chris was only going to races that Keith could pay him for. He works full time for Hyosung Motors USA.

5. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Keith scored 15th in FX and SS races at VIR.
    His crew consisted of Matt Drucker and myself.
    All 3 of us worked our asses off to get up to speed, not to shabby for Keith's comeback AMA race since the Rd. America crash.