1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the cheapest place to get a Honda EU2000?

Discussion in 'General' started by grendels_arm, May 9, 2007.

1. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

Seems the $800+ range is out there but just wondering what places I may not know of. Like to also have a place with good customer support and all. Not willing to save a buck or two for some place that won't exist in a year or so.

Any accessories or anything I should get at the same time as an EU2000? I know some of the Yamaha generators you can get accessories like wheels and stuff.

2. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Your post is kind of confusing.

First you ask where the cheapest place to get the generator is.

Then you go on to say you don't want to risk saving a buck or two over customer service.

Catch 22. Or racers way of thinking:D

3. grendels_arm

What I mean to say is the cheapest place from a reputable business with good customer service. A buck or two saved means I'm not gonna worry about saving $10 for instance if it means crap customer service.

4. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Why do you care if a place is around after the sale on a Honda EU-2000? Are you looking to accessorize it with some chrome? Bring it on down to the shop for High Amp tests with a bunch of other guys?

It's a generator... buy it, change the oil, put fuel in it... It's a honda, it'll run pretty much forever and if you have a problem it's not like you've got Norton or something...

Do you care if (insert dept store name here) stays in business after you buy a pair of levis? The dealership can't really do anything for you after the sale other than offer you warranty service (which ANY honda dealer could do).

A vehicle is different. You'll be back for service/accessories/parts later (most likely). A generator is more like a CD...

Just my $.02

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

do a search. plenty of info.

6. grendels_arm

So you'd buy an EU2000 from some guy in a back alley out of a van? No thanks. I'd prefer a reputable Honda dealer/distributor. And sometimes if something goes wrong with an item the manufacturer tells you to return it to the store you got it from. I have no idea what you do with a Honda generator but just in case. I'd buy from the local motorcycle shop but they are selling pretty close to MSRP.

7. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

800 is a n awesome price on that one. That is _the_ most popular generator in the line up. Most dealers will charge you 900-1000 for it plus taxes. But, like said before, it's a low maintenance deal and unless you want a dealer to do the oil changes and such- it really does not matter where you buy it as long as they are a official Honda dealer.

8. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

So long as it's an actual licensed honda dealer it wouldn't really matter to me...

Yes, I'd throw money at my preferred dealers first, but if I didn't have one, I'd be price shopping...

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the Honda EU-2000 gens are plagued with flaking rockers

10. Racer773

Racer773 Backmarker

The dealership that sold me my EU2000 installed some special Italian cams. Just don't tell anyone, I don't want to get protested and torn down...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

PM Darrin Talbot, also check the classifieds, I just got one brought to Barber for $850.

12. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Northern Tool has pretty good prices on them also.

13. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I bought one buy searching this BBS for under $800 delivered. I'd search for you, but I'm on my phone.

Accessaries? I got a cover and a 12 volt gadget that let me run my battery charger and my 12 volt tire inflator.

14. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

I have a EU2000i generator that was purchased from www.mayberrys.com for $859 with shipping to your door included. The RV Forums currently say that mayberrys is the best for price and service.

15. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i've heard that too..

16. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I just said I bought one for less than $859 delivered, but I can't look it up here. Oh well.

Now here's the kicker.
    I am about to release a generator that is smaller, quieter, twice as powerful and half the cost as the Honda EU2000. It should be available in about 2-3 weeks. It all depends on a new processing technique that only Buell and I have ever used. Please pm me for my email addy so you can PayPal me you money for advanced orders. Be the first to get in on this new wave of technology.

17. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Using cheap, scab labor, eh? :D

18. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Yea, I built a plant in Tenn.:Poke:

19. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

only if jig says its good to go

20. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Well, you won't last long then. Saturn couldn't make it here and Nissan is struggling. We can just wait and buy them at "going out of business" prices.
    Steve