1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you guys get your yellow number plates?

Discussion in 'General' started by BradsTLR, Jul 24, 2000.

1. BradsTLR

BradsTLR New Member

Where do you get the yellow number plates at? I've been looking and Lockhart Philips has number plates but I didn't see any for a TL1000R. Any info would help out greatly.

2. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

Try Ace Hardware. Comes in a rattle can. Sprays on in a couple of minutes.

Charlie Mc WERA#90 Ex

3. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Good to see your spirits are high today. Get well soon Charlie. Ace hardware, ha,ha.

4. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

Fast Signs or any vinyl sign shop. Most places sell it by the foot. The rolls are 15 inches wide. I usually buy 3 or 4 feet for $4.00 to $6.00 per foot depending on the sign shop. I buy the high gloss premium vinyl, the promotional grade is not as nice to work with and tends to fade after being in the sun for a while. Cut the shape and size you need, mist the sticky side and bodywork with water from a spray bottle, starting at the center and working your way out use a squeegee (the sign shop usually gives you one with the purchase) and a hair dryer (don't get to close, don't want to melt or distort the vinyl, but close enough to heat the vinyl) to smooth on. This stuff has worked great for me and with some patience you could wrap a basketball with it without getting a crease or bubble. You may have to pull the outside edge of the vinyl while heating it with the hair dryer to get it to lay flat should you come across an area with a drastic body contour. Be sure to practice on something first. Once it’s on it not easy to get off. If you do need to take it off make sure to heat it with the hair dryer.

5. wera122

wera122 Guest

Is that the Percocet talking? How's that one finger typing going? [​IMG]

Glad to see you're doing alright and haven't lost your sense of humor. Hang in there, you'll be back on track (literally) before you know it.

6. CharlieM#90

Hmmmmm.....
    Must be the Percocet talkin' - I _thought_ I was being serious. [​IMG]

Charlie Mc #90 Ex

7. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Hey Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your get off at Carolina. I missed this past weekend so didn't get to attend the fun. Hope your doing well. Which bike did you go down on?

Chris
    #476 Expert

8. CharlieM#90

Was the TZ. Down in T13. Since I don't own the Aprilia anymore, the TZ was the only bike I had at my disposal. But Vito (riding the aforementioned Aprilia) decided he was not to be outdone and promptly tossed _it_ during the LW Twins race (though with less serious physical consequences).`Not a particularly noteworthy weekend in our pit though Vito picked up a trophy for his troubles. Only thing I got was a big supply of percocet. [​IMG]

Charlie Mc #90

9. wera122

wera122 Guest

Was it filled with Percocet? [​IMG]