1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where did you buy your metal building? Are you satisfied?

Discussion in 'General' started by jrsamples, Jul 15, 2021.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm shopping for a metal building --- Bardominium for some land that I bought. Retirement property. Gonna live there, park all my toys inside.

What company did you buy from, did it work out well for you, would you recommend them?

We put up a 30 by 60 metal building about 25 years ago.......it is virtually maintenance free for all this time! The only things that have needed adjustment is plumbing and the roll up doors.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm also interested in opinions here. If y'all remember, I lost a giant live oak in a hurricane a while back. Apparently, it was providing anchoring for it's neighbor, because I now have a massive live oak on what's left of my shop. There are some bikes buried in a pile of debris, but fortunately the far end is still upright enough to have not collapsed on the MGTD I inherited from my dad. I'm thinking about putting one of those tin barns on the slab. Need something quick.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Never too late late, Nige. :D

4. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Champion Steel buildings in NC. Run..

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Be prepared for loooong lead times.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Every time I see this thread title, I hear Golden Earring “Candy’s Going Bad” in my head.

Thanks.

7. nigel smith

Well, damn. I can't edit now. Can I blame my obnoxious, sentient spellarator?

8. nigel smith

I'm concerned about that very thing. Can I keep some stuff in your garage? I'd ask that other guy, but I've heard tales of fear and loathing in that regard.

9. nigel smith

I like Golden Earring, and I couldn't tell you a single phrase from that song. You need a hobby.

10. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Smith Built Metals.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

“Are you satisfied?”

:D

12. nigel smith

Like I said, you need a hobby. Posting acerbic witticisms on the internet doesn't qualify.

13. nigel smith

I will Google them. Do you have personal experience?

14. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Clearly building….no. Eff no

Type of building is fine but fit and finish sucked.

Locally, Morton building are good. Not sure if their overall footprint for coverage.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’re not the boss of me!

16. nigel smith

As has been clearly spelled out for you, you are in need of adult supervision. Be honest. Who better than me?

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I actually should have just asked if I could borrow it. :beer:
    Good luck with shed (and bikes and cars).

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Se play ed an order for.one at work, about 11,000 SF...early delivery is 12/01/21....what can you expect when lead time on bar joists is 10 months

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. nigel smith

I can always get the boys out there and put up a pole barn myself, but I'm really trying to focus my attention on my secret mountain hideaway.