1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find a vintage endurance/Bol d'Or style fairing?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, May 25, 2017.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Something like this

[​IMG]

Got a new project coming up and I want to use one. I checked Airtech and Im not seeing anything. I want a smaller, offset headlight like the one above.

BigBird and RyanDCramer like this.
  2. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

Try reaching out to XTR or the old radical Ducati guy?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

As Broome has a seizure...

turbulence and beac83 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Make one. Get the fairing (full or just the upper) for a 1986 GSXR, fiberglass over one head light hole, sand, paint and mount it up.

Edit: Airtech sells an upper for the RC30 cheap as all f@ck and looks to be a great starting point for a fun project.

5. caferace

caferace No.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Air Tech.... If they don't make it.... it is not on the Planet...

caferace likes this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Check out Pat Cowan : He does tons of cool custom fairings for vintage bikes and was providing parts and bodywork for a lot of racers in the VRRA.

Paco Motor Stuff
    Georgetown, Ontario

[email protected]

(905) 873-3171

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Anybody know what that bike is or where to see more pics? I'm curious...

9. Admotowork

Admotowork Well-Known Member

Looks like one of Walt Siegels bikes. It's based of an MV 675 if I remember correctly

10. Scotty87

Yep. And it's fucking gorgeous

11. Scotty87

Actually that's a good idea. Didn't think about using an RC30

12. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

caferace likes this.
  13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

along these lines, i really really wanted these for my supersingle:

http://racebikemart.com/adverts/Racing_Motorcycle_Fairing_Petrol_Tank_and_Seat_Unit__1389881790.php

[​IMG]

Spondon Ducati race fairings (and custom aluminum tanks!). randomly came upon it in my travels. but the dude selling in England was battling cancer when he emailed me back about it and seemed like he was in rough shape and too weak to deal with going to a shop and packing things up. i felt bad and wished him the best, not sure if he pushed thru or not. but i had never seen that before, thought they were cool.

14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

If you find the fairing and want to make that hole you can use PVC tubing.
    I did that on a 97 ZX6r I had on the street and frenched in a headlight using the
    tubing. I angle cut it flush with the fairing and then glassed it in

15. Holyfuckingshit.

Somebody burn that fucking thing before it has a chance to reproduce.

turbulence likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shaddup you. Don't you have gixxer to buy? :D

17. Haha, maybe. :D

But I'm trying to have enough willpower to not get anything till I see what new comes out in 2018.

I really want a new 600. Rumor is that Kawi might be coming out with a new ZX6R for 2018 (it has been unchanged since 2013, and Kawi is good about constantly putting out new bikes).

If not, then I might go SB with the 675R. I always forget about it because I've only ridden it once.

But with all that being said, I should keep racing the 1299S now that we have notes for every track and put so much time/effort into it. But I want a new bike.

As far as bikes go, I prefer Liter bikes. They are my favorite. But when it comes to racing, I love racing in the 600 classes. I love the huge grids and battles with new/different people all the time and the apeshittedness of 30 bikes trying to go into T1 at the same time.

I just need to get Mongo to let me race a 1000 in the 600 classes, that way I can get both my favorite things. :D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got a feeling based on absolutely nothing other than hope (and maybe change) that there will be a new GSXR 600.

19. But for serious, why in the hell would somebody do the damn headlight like that?

I mean, somebody made a conscious decision to intentionally put the headlight all cockedassup instead of putting it in the middle where it belongs.

WTF

20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

A yes or no would have sufficed...... :eek: