1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the plus-sized male models??

Discussion in 'General' started by deathwagon, Feb 27, 2015.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a surge in the popularity of plus-sized female ad campaigns featuring, um, Rubenesque women.

Us men are being left out and I'm tired of being held to the standard of the male models featured on the bags of my Fruit-of-the-Loom underpants. We must protest and demand to see overweight, hairy, 6 packless ugly mannequins at Old Navy.

I wanna stop working out and eating healthy and be able to mow my lawn shirtless, huge belly hanging over my far-too-tight yoga pants that accentuate my cellulite while downing a six pack of beer, without feeling judged.

It's time we march on Washington and burn our tighty whities!

2. sowega

sowega #710

They're at Dickiedoo's house.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Because it's a big joke, but for some reason only men actually get it. For some reason women take it seriously. Men realize they are fat because they make a choice to be lazy and are generally OK with it. They aren't fooling themselves into thinking that being overweight is somehow attractive.

All this female fat acceptance crap irritates. It's like trying to make Ebonics recognized as a real tangible language to be taught in schools.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dude! Please don't share your masturbatory fantasies with the rest of us:Puke:

5. deathwagon

Stop resisting. Come to papa, sweet cheeks. I'll be your sexy, fuzzy big spoon. I'll be gentle...

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've got no problem with the idea of the Body Acceptance movement. Saying that the only way a woman can be attractive is if she's 5'11", 115lbs, with D-cups is insane. People come in all shapes and sizes, and you can't change your bones or your genetics.

That said, this body we're accepting should be a healthy body. I'll never accept "fat slob" as attractive.

7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Reubenesque? My dad said that to my mom once.

Once.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

After that she hit the tread mill?

:D

9. deathwagon

All 3 of these women are models. Only one is healthy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is strange that in the advertising world, they generally use only one equivalent of the above for men. And that there is now a shaming movement against women like the one in the middle photo. I wholeheartedly agree that nobody should be using the Skeletor standard that most runway models represent.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm thinking he probably had to rekindle his relationship with his right hand for a while. :D

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I agree.....within reason. The problem is they are selling a bill of good that sets a bad precedent for young girls. No one is telling girls they need to be waifishly thin I think that is some non-sensical propaganda that feminists conjure up, but at the same time telling them that "this" is a healthy/normal/natural/average figure is BS....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/40/54/3a/40543afcf448215c3b1577ee83f78f0b.jpg

In my opinion it actually takes some real negative effort to look like that up there. I'm reminded of this picture I've seen posted around the internets and I agree with it.

http://i.imgur.com/5B0kDdi.jpg

And its true, women don't need to train as often and with as much intensity that a guy does in order to maintain an aesthetically pleasing muscular definition. They literally just need to keep a reasonably clean diet and some light cardio and lift a few pink weight dumbbells from time to time and that works just fine to maintain a figure that 95% of the population would say looks good. To become "plus sized" require eating excessively/improperly and and intentionally not exercising.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  12. CausticYarn

And you are assuming the 3rd lady is unhealthy for what reason? Are you her doctor? Have you seen her bloodwork?

13. CausticYarn

I have to train daily with more than a pink dumbell to keep any definition in my arms...so watch it with the assumptions. :)

14. deathwagon

I knew that was coming and you're right, I'm not her doctor, nor have I seen her blood work. I'm making that assumption based on the fact that carrying that much excess body fat typically leads to a number of health problems, such as Diabetes, coronary heart disease, certain types of cancers, osteoarthritis, hypertension, etc, etc, etc.

Do you feel that carrying that much body fat is healthy and sets a good example for others to follow?

Edit: And I see you conveniently left out any comment about the skinny chick's health.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I would rather bet that she hit him with the treadmill. :)

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Who you calling pink? :mad:

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah. Treadmill is too bulky. Easier to swing him at it. :D

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

This is the Wera Foum, this place is the definition of assumption.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Total bullshit.

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The last bit of the last sentence is the biggest problem. Using others to "set a good example" is the problem. Screw examples and role models. There will never be a good role model in life because we are all imperfect. How about we individually teach good morals and forget about worrying about other peoples health choices.