1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the Gov't miscommunicates,citizens die.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Dec 24, 2019.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No knocks should be illegal, period. There is not a single case where they should be allowed.

SuddenBraking, sheepofblue and 418 like this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep. Zero justification for these gestapo type actions, especially given the callous responses from law enforcement.
    They seem to have a habit of conveniently forgetting who they work for.

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

It goes beyond the no knock nonsense.
    It seems to be rooted in an us vs then mentality across the thin blue line.
    The first assumption is anyone involved with a LEO at anytime is a potential threat. Being aware of that potential is different from living / working from the assumption all the citizens are a threat.

turner38 likes this.
  4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Ehh, I can see where they need to be allowed in very specific cases where there is reasonable evidence that someone may be in danger or they WATCH a violent offender enter a place.

Using them to do random searches for people ain’t right though.

stk0308 and Banditracer like this.
  5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with this, and it seems to be getting worse in the last Few years.

baconologist likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

This chick lived...

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Neither am I but also remember it is illegal for you to lie to them (even if the perception of lying is 100% on their side only in the case of the FBI) but it is a tactic for them to lie to you.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Except in BOTH of those cases a warrant is not needed at all (which is reasonable).

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All the haters are funny on this one with the excuses for the shot chick. They had two others in custody before confronting her. You truly think they got the two guys in cuffs and outside without making a single noise? You truly think she slept though all of that? You think she saw a group of people pointing guns at her yelling to drop the shotgun and she then thought her best move was to point it at them - cops or not that doesn't make a bit of sense.

Did the cops fuck up? Yep on the warrant in the first place. Did they fuck up for shooting her? Very possibly they did, but there is nothing in the initial reports to show that one way or another. Could totally be her own damn fault she got shot - and I don't care about the whole they never should have been there in the first place argument. That is true, but the level of stupid to pull a shotgun on cops is huge.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry dude but that is ridiculous. The surveillance part. Granted they should have people in the system better but that would violate the rights of the poor innocent arrested dude....

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You show up in my house with 10 friends all yelling it and all having weapons drawn guess what, I ain't going to grab my gun no matter how handy it is. Doesn't matter if I believe you or not. Doesn't matter if you're lying or not. The end result will be my ass being shot so no real upside for me to point a shotgun no matter who you are.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How is it ridiculous to expect the goons storming the gates to actually have credible evidence that the person they’re seeking is where they’re busting down doors?

I mean, fucking seriously, you’d think that would be the absolute minimum threshold before staging an assault.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Awesome that you are in full and absolute control of all of your prefontal cortex functions even in the instant that you are startled awake from REM sleep.

You are truly UBERMENSCHEN!!!!

HEIL MONGO!!!

Seriously, though, I hope neither of us ever stares into that particular abyss.

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Or... maybe she was in her own home and drunk off her ass. Which, being in her own home, was perfectly legal to do so.

But indeed, being awoke from REM sleep with a terrifying situation can lead to terrifying responses. I have always slept with a gun by my bed. Years back, when Obama was announced the winner of the election at somewhere after midnight, my darker skinned neighbor fired off several rounds off his back porch. I awoke to that sound and someone screaming on TV. Needless to say I had my gun in my hand, adrenaline through the roof and was preparing to storm the rest of my house before my wife let me know what was going on.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Garf scoffs at your weakling ass. :D

SuddenBraking and Robin172 like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree about having proper info - just saying surveillance ain't necessarily the best way to do it.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of the true badasses usually do :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you raise your gun and point it at your wife?

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

He would expect her to be there.

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

With all due respect, you are a bootlicker and cop apologist of the highest degree.

Fonda Dix likes this.