1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the Gov't miscommunicates,citizens die.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

2. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

i wasn't there, so can't say. murder seems pretty stiff unless circumstances are pretty clear cut and based on the article, i'd say no. someone should definitely lose their job though. i always try and put myself in their position. was she asleep and they broke through the door? in the fog, she picked up the gun that they told the police was there? not sure we'll know. maybe she's a belligerent person and thought they wouldn't shoot, so she threatened them....?

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This is the same law enforcement agency that staged a pre-dawn raid on my home looking for a woman that I had never heard of. She was actually in jail in an adjoining county at the time. I literally told the sheriff that if I had been asleep at the time I would have immediately reached for my shotgun when they started pounding on my windows and doors. The current incident leaves me speechless.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I posted it earlier in the FTP thread also. As far as I can see from 2 different articles she didn't die. Under went surgery, expected to survive. So maybe she can become a millionaire after the lawsuit.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Fairly sure that her "Brandishing a Weapon" will somehow be seen as a mitigating factor in favor of the police.

ducnut likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Brandishing a weapon and exercising your 2nd amendment rights look awfully similar. Might as well let some dubiously educated guys with authority complexes determine the difference. Oh, wait....

Inst Tech and SuddenBraking like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

According to the resident constable it’s perfectly fine for LEO to violate citizens constitutional rights.

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Don’t raise a weapon toward officers. Plain and simple. There’s no way they didn’t announce themselves.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And there's no way someone suddenly roused
    from sleep can be expected to comprehend
    what's transpiring around them nevermind
    formulate an appropriate reaction that goes
    beyond primal self-protection.

Fencer likes this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

ducnut likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's like some of you guys live on a different planet. :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yeah, he deserves to stand trial. Totally stupid.

When a team of deputies AND homeland security show up, it’s just very hard to believe no one announced who they were. She had to have woke up, actively looked for and grabbed the shotgun, then, continued on that path with raising it toward law enforcement. She had plenty of time to assess the situation. There’s some real ignorance going on, with her.

13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Corollary to that;
    The assumption that weapon will be used against the LEO is taken automatically. Without any attempt at deescalating the moment. The LEO are covered in armor vs a basically naked civilian. The LEO can wait on the oft chance things calm.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Let’s gear you up and put you in front of an unknown pointing a shotgun at you.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

XFBO you seem to still not understand that these events cause a justified visceral reaction in some of us and our comments are a by product of those feelings. We dont have to be any more fair in thought when cops kill a citizen than the cops do when a citizen kills one of you. Its our right to get angry.

16. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Let’s put this in perspective first

20yo female shocked awake
    Castle doctrine state
    Attempting to protect herself from a ban of armed intruders

Who’s in the right to pull the trigger?

Fencer likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How about the cops don't do no-knock raids
    based on half-assed information that puts
    the public at risk? I could post numerous
    examples of innocent people dying at the
    hands of police due to sloppy and even
    criminal actions. And how about armed,
    armored, and trained amped-up troops
    stop expecting normal civilians to act like
    trained troops themselves when they are
    taken by surprise?

Banditracer, Fencer and baconologist like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Maybe a team of deputies AND homeland security should perform a little surveillance and ensure that the target of their stormtrooping action is actually at the place they’re raiding, and not already comfortably enjoying three hots and a cot at taxpayer expense?

Banditracer likes this.
  19. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

We always called dispatch/ teletype to confirm the warrant was still active in the NCIC database when we were five minutes out from the target location.

ducnut likes this.
  20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Time to build one of these

D139FF8C-2E59-4631-8EF6-CF2FCF78983C.jpeg

tiggen, ChemGuy and SuddenBraking like this.