1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is it time to let them go.....or should they.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dexter69, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Noblehops

Noblehops New Member

That's a valuable motorcycle friend. And there are still plenty of guys with money in the bank that would love to own it. I do a lot of work in that community, if you need grounding or contacts, please give me a buzz. Nils Menten, RestoCycle LLC, [email protected]

2. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

Thanks Nils and everyone for input. Someone asked about pipe.... D&D 6 into 1. Yes, front wheel, PM Chicane. Rear wheel is a Kosman Racing using stock center hub. The remaining wheel is machined. Kosman Racing chromoly swing arm. DSCF6125.JPG DSCF6126.JPG DSCF6127.JPG

malamute, pscook and SpeedyE like this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Oh why did I open this thread....
    Add me to the list of wanters who would ride it regularly.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

An Avon Azaro! Haven’t seen one of those in years.

5. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We have this kinda hot Puerto Rican client, Pilar.. She has 3 almost identical Harley's. One day I asked her, "why do you have 3 bikes?"
    She replied, "Because I have a really good divorce lawyer"

6. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I agreed with this, until I read others' replies...

I totally agree. I saw two of these at a bike show last year. Hadn't seen one in great shape since those bikes first rolled off the production line. If, 10-15 years from now, you wish you kept it, then there's your answer.

And, finally, this (below) is 'nuff said reason...

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Is that a Marysville CBX? There were a quite a few 1980 CBX's produced there and it adds (a little) to the value. I used to have a pro-link, 1982 but sold it for track bike money....All the mods, though cool, probably reduce the value somewhat. The only changes that seem to be appreciated are the sport kit, which your bike has, and 6 into 6 pipes. Good luck with a hard decision.

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The front is PM Chicane.
    I have not seen a wheel like the rear before.
    Maybe an old drag racer might have some insight.
    They were never my cup of tea, but still VERY cool.
    She is a keeper

9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

10. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Wow - that thing is spectacular. Doesn't look like it needs much restoration work, either.

One more vote to KEEP IT!

An old friend had a CBX with a 6-into-6 Staintune exhaust, I got to ride it a few times...when it got 'cammy' around 6k, that thing just HOWLED like nothing else.
    Made arm/neck hair fully erect and tingly.

SpeedyE likes this.