1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When do you put your xmas lights/decorations up?

Discussion in 'General' started by 05Yamabomber, Nov 19, 2017.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have always had a rule about waiting until after Thanksgiving to get all the decorations down and put up. Wife wants to start decorating now. Im putting my foot down. Am I a Scrooge or you agree?

XFBO likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Putting up lights is fine.

You spark those things up before the night of Black Friday imma burn your house down :p

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Walmart had Christmas stuff out over a month ago.
    I think all that crap needs to wait till after Thanksgiving.

Mot Okstef, ToofPic and Banditracer like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I hate the holidays........to hell with the lights and decorations. Scrooges of the world UNITE!!:beer:

TLR67, Jedb, dieterly and 4 others like this.
  5. I let my wife bitch a solid 2 weeks, let her do it and then get pissed because it’s not right. Then I do it over. Usually 1st week of December.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

My lights have been up for a couple weeks now, but that switch won't be flipped until next weekend.
    Wife started bringing up the interior decoration boxes today and will start doing her thing this week.

7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Drives me nuts I started seeing xmas commercials day after Halloween! Cmon man. I will put the lights up weekend after Thanksgiving. She does the inside, I do the outside.

8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

No problem with getting them up before Thanksgiving, but don't be turning that shit on till Friday night.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My almost 6-yr old daughter, while walking through Home Depot with me a few weeks ago...

"Daddy, why are there Christmas things out? Where are the Thanksgiving ones? That's what comes after Halloween."

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I keep a christmas tree up all year in my office. I have halloween pumpkin and ghost lights on it, too.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Friday after thanksgiving. No exceptions.

Happy holidays, mothertruckas!

05Yamabomber likes this.
  12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well, Im heading to the track Friday after Thanksgiving until late Saturday night so she is upset that I wont get them out until Sunday. She is losing a few days of cheer she says. haha..

13. eggfooyoung

Show her your wiener, and tell her to cheer on that!

05Yamabomber likes this.
  14. eggfooyoung

Gimme the D...
    Gimme the I...

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What? Are we wrong in assuming someone (@Metalhead ) gives you the D on the regular??? Now you’re on here begging for it? :Poke:

16. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

If you're my neighbor, you put them up about 5 days ago. :rolleyes: After Thanksgiving should be the rule.

17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Do
    they take them down in Lancaster? :Poke:

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Lucky if I put up a tree.

19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You guys are so far behind..Catch up! Its almost gonna be Easter soon..
    I'm ready for that little bunny

th76ZARMF9.jpg

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I may put them up thanksgiving morning, I usually do it the weekend after turkey day but we have a hockey tourney.