1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Did You Decide To Race?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by gixxer357, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I decided when I looked at lap times from some of the races and realized I was running times that would easily make me competitive. I've been riding just over a year, was only riding for 6 months before I did my first trackday. My first race is in February :D

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Dam thats it I was coming back from vegas. got clocked at 90 in a 65.....$480

Out by palomar MT. I was just driving to go back home got pulled over for a 97 in a 55 .........$597

I guess cali likes there money.

3. CBob1k

CBob1k Well-Known Member

Started doing track days this year. Took some schools, learned a lot. I thought I would be interested in racing since I'm a pretty competitive person. Did a lunchtime race with TPM during one of the trackdays. I'll be on the grid this year, even if I only make one weekend... Sadly, I don't think any of the guys I do trackdays with are really interested in racing. I think the associated costs are what really pushes them away. It is definitely what's going to limit how much I can get out there this year.

4. 969

969 Well-Known Member

On my way home from work one day, i forgot it had rained the day before and there was gravel across the road on an off camber corner that you could normally take at about 90 mph. Well i made it through the gravel but ran out of road. My 1984 gpz 1100 ended up landing on toilet in the bottom of the ditch. Started racing the next summer. :beer::beer:

5. motox

motox 164

decided to race last fall after owning the bike for less than a year. I have some background in motocross racing and riding on the street simply didnt cut it for me. Never even had the bike on a track so Im jumping in head first. im good at picking things up quickly, though (or so i think :P )

6. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Been riding since I was 10. Raced mx at 13-17 and got my street license when I was 16. Rode on the street but didn't want to convert my bike or trash it and new better than to try and push my limits on the road. I was looking into renting a bike for a track day and they were done for the year so I convinced the wife to let my buy a track bike and leathers. I did my first track day in sept and ran pretty decent times so I'm going to do my first race next year. I'll hopeprfully get to do a few races and really see what my potential is. Should be Spies' teamate in a year, two max :D

7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I decided to go racing as soon as I realized that I was going to ask my wife to marry me and that kids would be on the way shortly thereafter.