1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your dog afraid of?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 10, 2010.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Our lab/rotty mix is afraid of bombs. That's right, bombs. Not that I can blame him. There is a bombing range off in the wilderness down here that is quite active today. You can't hear any of it but you definitely feel it. Poor dog was outside and he must have thought the Chinese were invading. He's inside now but looking at me to explain why there is thunder but no rain.

2. Booty Freak

Booty Freak Well-Known Member

I've got a corgi who is afraid of thunderstorms.

3. sdg

sdg *

Swat teams. :D

4. Dizzle

Dizzle Well-Known Member

my french bulldog is afraid of thunderstorms.

5. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

My pitbull is scared of the dark. As soon as it's dark out he starts freaking out to come in and we have to leave a light on at night downstairs or he loses it.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

sdg beat me to it! LOL. My min pin is afraid of loud noises/voices and small children, because of previous owners.

7. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Brando, 110 lb German Sheperd.. Only Afraid of Storm drains for some reason.

8. Bandit730

Bandit730 Racing neophyte

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hank's afraid of thunder, mortars and me. Oddly enough, I can shoot over him all day long!

10. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

My Boxer is afraid of highway overpasses. He sits in the front seat facing forward like a person, but when we approach an overpass, he freaks and hits the deck. I think he thinks it's too small for us to fit through. It cracks me up every time.

11. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

whenever I pull the guns out of the closet to go shooting they all run and hide and I have never had them with me when I go shooting. Its weird as hell.

12. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

My frenchie is annoyed more than afraid of my broom

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gadsden tweaks if I chase him with anything in my hands that isn't food or a toy. Chased him around the house with a cardboard box one day after yelling at him a dozen times to keep his fat head out of it.

Didn't help. Put the box down, and he stuffed his nose right back into it. Obstinate little bastard! :p

14. joec

joec brace yourself

wind. thats right. they hide in the basement when its windy out.

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

We have a border collie mix who is afraid of everything, especially cats and boxes. When the cat got stuck in the cereal box and ran through the living room, she about had an embolism. She still keeps at least three feet from any box. Might be a cat in there.

16. ajk4

ajk4 Well-Known Member

Our beagle is afraid of rain/thunder, cameras, cellphones, vacuum cleaners, high-pitched noises, etc...

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The only thing my lab fears is lack of food.

18. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Our pound special Weezy is afraid of fireworks/firecrackers. The slack-jawed wood weasels next door never miss the opportunity, especially 4th of July and New Year's Eve, to light up their back yard like Operation Desert Storm. Pisses me off - the dog won't go back out there for a good week afterwards.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The need for Neuticles.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've got a Cane Corso that's afraid of EVERYTHING he doesn't have an intimate knowledge of. I was walking him the other day and yanked a poop bag out of the dispenser on the trail. I thought he was going to break his neck trying to get away. Another time he was terrified of a sweatshirt some kid left lying on the sidewalk. It's hilarious to see such a huge, mean looking dog cower in fear from a plastic bag.