1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with these people

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Ok thanks and what's in a diablo sammich?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sloppy Joe with corn.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No guarantees.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Dunno. Ask Buford T. Justice.

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

No, thats "you's"
    The server called them "guys" because thats an accepted way to address people in the real world these days. Things keep changing, and this is just a very small part of that. Also, kids these days seem to think a server deserves a tip regardless of service provided, because thats how they earn a living and it would be mean to take that away. Its a wellfare state of mind.

7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Darn kids and their generous tipping. Ruining this country.

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I have an older coworker who absolutely blows a gasket if the waitress sits down and chats him up while taking his order...

My petpeeve.....when my glass of soda, pop, whatever goes empty during my meal.....

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Gotta read your audience. I was in England working as a server back in the 90's. An older guy blew a gasket there because I offered to clear some plates before the entire party was finished eating. Big no no. I didn't read that one well lol.

10. In Your Corner

Managers don't like to see that either.

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I live off tips, but I don't think I deserve anything. Hopefully it's not dungeony to say, but I don't feel like I have a welfare state of mind because of my choice of career.

the relic room and Scotty87 like this.
  12. In Your Corner

A good server can make big money.

13. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

As long as they take my order and bring me what I ordered, I am not concerned on what they call me.

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think I would have complained too, but I'm an old guy.:)

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

A good server with nice T&A can make good money. I was a server at Outback through a lot of college and early married life. I'll flat out say I was good, treated my customers like Kings and Queens. I could never get what my good looking, female, coworkers could bring in.

16. In Your Corner

As unfair as it seems, as long as men have a sex drive, a pretty face will get an unfair advantage in any job, or outside of the job for that matter.

I personally tip on service mostly, but a sunny disposition on the server's part goes a long way toward increasing the amount.