1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with these people

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Were they all over 90? This was at Cracker Barrel??

Scotty87 likes this.
  2. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Server. Not waitress

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Regional thing... Wouldn't have a second thought about that here in Western New York.

4. you guys apparently could have gone and gotten your nails done together.

badmoon692008 and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

6. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

I don't see the problem :confused:. Then again I live in CA and everyone calls each other guy's regardless of gender. ​

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Guys is pretty pretty much non gender at this point to a lot of people, I live and am from SC and I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

8. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

girls also call each other dude sometimes these days.. people used to imitate TV characters. was just a few moon unit types back then but now they imitate their fav Youtubers. not just the words but tone, inflections, mannerisms, etc. I see it big time with the young uns. its borg like in a way. when I see older gals doing it, I immediately think of an arrested development but maybe they just want to appear younger..

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

+1 with "guys" being a gender neutral term. I admit that a group of all women would be called, "Ladies" by me. However any group of mixed gender folks were "guys" to me.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It's not about that. It's about the lack of tack and training. You must have seen the difference between a great server in a fine restaurant and a so so one and that's my point.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How was your brunch?

brunch
    n
    - Contraction of breakfast and lunch, usually occurring around the hour of 11 a.m. Typically reserved for snobs and biddies who like tea and jam.
    "Muffy, would you care for a bit of brunch after tennis? I can make reservations at the Forsythia Garden Tea House."

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I have. Absolutely. So tell us ... was this brunch at a Michelin-star restaurant? If not, I’m thinking this is a molehill/mountain deal. I prefer someone who comes across as friendly & real more than the stuffy, “proper” waitstaff.

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Until you found the real reason she called them guys.

14. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, using "guys" for any group is normal around here (southeast MI)

However, noone around here uses "hello folks" or "can I start you off with a beverage". It would be a pretty odd thing to hear.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Richie would still hit on them.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I waited tables in Massachusetts so I would ask "what would youse like today? The meatloaf special is wicked awesome."

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the server went to their table and acknowledged them multiple times? sounds like great service for brunch.

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with the "guys" thing, I've worked in higher end restaurants where they tell you not to call people guys. But realistically that's a common term now and everyone does it, around here at least.

But the quotes you used wouldn't be used in a fine dining restaurant either, and it doesn't sound like you were in one anyway so why would it matter? I'd rather have people who care more about actual hospitality than the old school shit, say guys all you want as long as you're doing a good job.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Tact

20. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

:stupid:

[​IMG]