1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong w/California?

Discussion in 'General' started by Motofun352, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just bought a new pair of work boots. Freakin' shoes! Inside the box was a warning that the state of California determined that they can cause cancer. It took me a while to figure out that it was the "work" part of work boots that they were worried about. :p

K51000, Ducti89, joec and 2 others like this.
  2. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Haha. They are ok with some of us working so some of them don't have to. Just about everything is wrong with California at the moment. The proposed tax on drinking water by the new gov is over the top ridiculous.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Can't be specific because this is in general. So....everything.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Thanks for the reminder, brex...almost sent myself to banned camp.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, this wasn't the place to start this thread. Someone is going to fail. :crackup:

6. the relic room

the relic room Well-Known Member

What's wrong with California?

It's my understanding that it never rains there, but one must be forewarned that it pours, man, it pours.

auminer, Jim Moore and Robin172 like this.
  7. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

When I worked in foodservice the gloves we used to handle food had the same warning on them :crackup:

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, but how come all those tears from their SJW-ing isn't enough to thwart their droughts? :D

10. xTomKx

xTomKx Well-Known Member

California is saving the world by stopping to use plastic straws.

11. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago

Since they're eating Tide Pods, California figures anything is edible, and eating work boots could possibly lead to cancer.

BigBird likes this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Starts with D and ends with S.

Yes Im talking about...donkeys.
    Thats the problem...:D

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If I'm ever adrift in the middle of the ocean with nothing to eat but my work boots, I'll have to remember this. :clap:
    On a more serious note, putting this warning on everything means nothing. So I guess Tide pods are OK.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Exactly ONE FDA approved manufacturer of those stupid paper straws. Not too hard to follow the money there... but, but it’s about the ENVIRONMENT!!

15. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

You're welcome! :rolleyes:

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But can you buy them in Rhode Island?

17. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The answer is the people. They allow the government out there to happen.

Rebel635 likes this.
  18. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So, we are down in Cali for some sun and Supercross. No foolin’—we walked by an apartment building the other day that had one of those Prop 65 signs on its underground garage. A garage. Like someone said above, what practical good is it if everything has one of those signs on it?

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    It sucks because I would love to live there. Except for... everything.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nah. California is dope. Yes their politics are ridiculous, and some of the people are annoying.

But there’s also an ocean to the left and mountains to the right. Oh, and more national parks than any other state. Ohv riding areas galore, camping, backpacking and climbing opportunities too abundant to count, and at least where I live, perfect weather year round.

I always laugh when I hear someone from South Dakota tell me how bad California sucks. Okay, cool. More sunshine for me.

scottn, MachineR1, ts199 and 3 others like this.