1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the deal with gas in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gigantic, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Not exactly. There's plenty of fuel where you are, plenty in Chattanooga, plenty in Knoxville, plenty in Memphis. Nashville is still nearly dry. There was mass hysteria and panic last week, which meant the peepuls emptied pretty much every station. Local news is still pumping the panic, so we're still really low on fuel. Not likely to get better until next week sometime (assuming the panic subsides).

2. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

You mean by way of the media shutting the hell up and letting things normalize? Now you know that's not good for television ratings. :D

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

If you look on www.wsbtv.com you can see why everyone is waiting in lines. Stupid people. The gas station right at our subdivision has plenty of gas because it was $.10 more per gallon than the two stations about a mile down the road that have been out for a few days.

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Actually I went out at lunch for fuel. They are running out again here. The big Shell station in town had regular unleaded but no plus or premium. The smaller Shell was out. I didn't check the Pilot stores. They probably have some since they are big enough to have their own storage facilities but not sure.

So it's hitting us again over here. :down:

5. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

Bastard. :moon: I've been on E since yesterday afternoon and finally took my entire lunch to find gas. Went by eight different gas stations before I found one off the beaten path with gas and they had a $12 limit per car/person.

6. Indeed. The Great Gas Crisis of 2008 has everyone in the region watching or reading the news hourly. The newsies haven't had this much exposure in years! The local coverage is so relentless that people are starting to wonder why this Disaster of Epic Proportions hasn't got much play nationally. After all, this is big - not enough gas to make the daily drive to the Starbucks for a $6 latte :p

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd guess they're filling all the trucks with regular to try and get as much out there as possible. Premium is a different fuel and the mid-grade is blended on site at most places I think.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still need to fill up a couple cans for the lawnmower and to mix up some more 2-stroke for the saw and such. Guess I'll toss em in the truck and stop if I run across an open place.

9. That's not surprising - us Nashvillians are widening our scavenging circles, and you're starting to get caught up in it. It's like a tame version of Road Warrior. :) I bought gas (car and two gas cans' worth) in Chattanooga yesterday because there's no fuel here.*

* I had bidness in Chattanooga, so it's not like I drove down there just for gas.

10. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

Cause that would be silly. :p

11. slclark65

slclark65 Well-Known Member

Here in Houston and up in Dallas there hasn't been a shortage of fuel. Here in Dallas the gas stations didn't have electricty to work the pumps. I paid $3.39 a gallon after the hurricane here.

12. That's right - otherwise I would have been doing what everyone else should do: hunker down in the basement with a dozen gas cans, 2 years worth of MREs and bottled water, 25 cases of toilet paper, a shotgun, and a wireless laptop with the WERA BBS bookmarked :)

13. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

A shotgun?? One singular shotgun??? What is wrong with you man?? You need an armory to rival Fort Knox to survive this!! There will be zombies roaming Buckhead in no time!!

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

They already are. They're easy to tell with the bleached hair and cellphones surgically attached to their ears. :D

15. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

My God it's started already!!

16. Not just any shotgun :)

AA12

17. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

But can it blow cellphones off their ears? That's the only thing that will kill them. :D

18. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

You're telling me I've been doing it wrong all this time?? I keep trying to run them over but they're some agile bastards.

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Dude, they've had so much cosmetic surgery, there's nothing left to break in them anymore. They just bounce. :up:

20. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

You're confusing Midtown's metro population with Buckhead. At least the recent UGA grads are still 'neck enough to appear halfway normal. Till you see the cell phone...