1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a 'Terrorist'? What's a 'Revolutionary'?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Due North, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Oh no we weren't!! First, we one so we wrote the history books and none say that we practiced terrorism. Second, No 'Merican except McVeigh was ever a terrorist.;)

Rodger

2. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Well Jay, then you are wrong, I don't hate the US. And as for your 'protection', well you can shove that where the sun don't shine.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the building is empty or a military type target (the Pentagon in the case you are presenting) they are a revolutionary, if full of non-combatants then it's terrorism. However the highjacking of a planeload of innocents equates to terrorism and offsets any revolutionary actions.

But I'm curious, when did AlQaeda start a revolution in the US?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I tend to go with myth but if real it's revolutionary - no innocents were harmed physically.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

lots of good tea though mongo. what a humanitarian shame. :D

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

and don't forget the fish that MAY have choked on the tea.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gee, up to this post I thought those with serious opinions had actually agreed on what is a terrorist, someone who targets innocents solely to cause terror among the remaining populations, targets with no real strategic value to any revolution.

You however don't seem to understand that, yet again you're trying to say that the world leaders who use the word terrorist to describe, well, terrorists are only doing so in order to torture and abuse people - wanna provide some facts there skippy?

Yet again we have Due whining about how the big bad super power is stepping all over the lowly workingman radicals of the world. Yet you still have never once shown one iota of proof of a single one of your assertions - and no, all of the BS you've linked to are onloy other people who think the way you do and their assertions without a single bit of proof that what you say its taking place exists. Are you really so clueless as to believe the shit you're being spoonfed by the US haters? I thought you'd be smart enough to actually make up your own mind based on ALL the evidence out there rather than have it made for youby people ignoring the facts.

Care to try again?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy shit! You're right!

Does anyone know if it was decaf or was it a nice Herbal?

If it were the normal Indian dark tea then it's no wonder the fish in Boston Harbor could survive the PCBs and other chemicals a couple hundred years later... That kind of caffeine buzz could jumpstart the metabolism to overcome most anything :)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? Where is the unoccupied territory the enemy is based in? Or the bases they are using?

How in the heck can you equate the two? They're totally different in every way.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

mongo trying to educate the un-educable.

cute. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - I know but what can I say, there isn't much on TV right now and I'm still buzzed form the Mt. Dew I did earlier to make the last leg of the trip form Hallett :D

On all the rest of this - McVeigh was a terrorist. The Jews in SpEds question were terrorists and if Israel had any ethics they'd have prosecuted them for terrorist acts - just as the US Military should (and has) any soldiers found operating as terrorists.

It's not like this whole thing is all that complicated ya know.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Besides that Brad - as long as I'm willing to take the time to try and educate you I feel obligated to give everyone else that same effort :Poke:

:D

13. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

He's just mad because you had to yell at his sister when she drove onto a hot pit lane. :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2003
  14. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I think that's where the rest of us were at too, Mongo...

:beer:

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Carlsbad caverns? :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can we go with Ruby Falls? It's closer to get to and I have to be at CMP this weekend...

17. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Due is pissed b/c most of us 'Mericans forget that more Cannucks died in WWI than Yanks. If it wasn't for the Cannucks, all of Europe would have been speaking German by about 1919 and Hitler would have been a low level corporal who married a smelly french chick and lived happily ever after in the German Prefecture of Bordeaux.

So yeah, Hitler was the Canadians' fault!!

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

so what? more died in WWI?

yeah, you tend to die went you can't fight.

canada sucks. time to deal with it.

19. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Easy Brad, that was gettin' close to that invisible line... From all accounts, the Canadians fought with distiction in both WW1 and WWII. Some of their ideals and politicans may seem wimpy to us, but the soldiers they had fought well.

Now to the present, I think they are just being smart. Why buy all that military hardware stuff and train a military worth a crap when your neighbor and best friend is the baddest kid on the block and it doesn't look like that's gonna change in a while? They let us do the dirty work and just criticize it. It's easier that way :Poke: But the real joke is on them, if they were invaded it would only be because someone was using them as a launch point to get to the US and who's to say we'd do anything about it until they got close to the borders? ;) Think about it, that's a big buffer zone! :D

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah. and freddie spencer won three world championships. didn't amount to a hill of beans when he went back AMA/WSB racing.

who gives a shit what the canadians DID?!?! bunch of pricks now. due north and his ilk. they are lucky there isn't anything worth having in canada. of course, we'd own it already if they did.