1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with a couple of xr200s

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by nochknstrps, Nov 20, 2014.

1. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

I have two xr200s that are just wasting away in a shed at my grand parents'. I'm pretty sure one is a '97 and the other is a '98. Both haven't been started in at least six years. I'd like to pull them out and get at least one going to ride trails with my son and maybe do something different with the other. Open to any and all suggestions. I know mechanically they will have to be worked over but beyond that what can I do.

I also have two xr70 at my disposal. Planning on turning one into a mini road racer for my kid and leaving the other in dirt trim.

Where should I start? Thanks

2. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Start with the fuel system. Drain the tanks, remove the carb and petcock. The fuel may have turned solid, soak everything or better yet try to find someone in your area with an ultrasonic parts cleaner.

Other than that it's a Honda... Treat it like it's stolen!

-T

3. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Give one to me!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Seriously though, those things are notoriously hard to kill. Probably just need a fuel system cleaning and a once over and they will be good to go.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Like the others said, clean the carb and tank REALLY good. Also change all the fuel lines and any rubber hoses. Change the oil, and after it has run for a day change it again. Prob gonna need a new chain and at least tubes.

5. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. :beer: