1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do in Chicago....

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 21, 2017.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Holy Crap, Thanks Beac!!

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

If your out drinking late hit up a late night burrito place. So bad for you but so good!

cpettit likes this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I lived @ Sheridan & Bryn Mawr and delivered for Hi Ricky's .

beac83 likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Go see Da Bears

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Fixed

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Don't get me started :)
    The older I get, the more I hate upper management. Mike Glennon & $14 mil Great choice.

beac83 likes this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Don't think I saw it in Beac's list, but Randolph St in River West/Fulton Market area has some of the best restaurants in the city (great food everywhere). I also second an Italian Beef (and Al's is good) - this is a real Chicago food unlike the deep dish pizza which I've only ever seen tourists eat.

You can get a good view of the city riding the Brown Line and best part is it just does a loop around downtown and heads back North - you can't get lost or end up in a bad neighborhood. Avoid Orange, Green and Pink lines for the exact opposite reason.

If you're not opposed to walking that is by far my favorite thing to do in Chicago. All over downtown, the city under the city is cool, lakefront path, but also make sure to get to a neighborhood like Wrigleyville or Logan Square to also really see Chicago. The loop isn't "the city" per se, jsut where people work and tourists do stuff.

beac83 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shedd. Museum of Science and Industry. Pizza - if you want to hit Unos skip it and go across the intersection to Dues, but really go to Giordanos. Get an Italian Beef. Get a good dog, if it doesn't have the Vienna logo on the building go somewhere else. If you haven't tried it - caramel corn mixed with cheese popcorn is great. Theres a place downtown but forget the name.

Scotty87 likes this.
  9. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Go see Sue and the aquarium. Top of Willis for some cocktails.

Grab a burger and fries from Small Cheval.

Get into the Aviary or Alinia if you can.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Popcorn = Garrett's

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

12. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Go to a Cubs game, and allow time to eat and have a beer before near Wrigley, and go to Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, and take a nighttime Chicago River tour leaving from Navy Pier --doesn't sound like much, but it was really memorable.

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Cubs are out of town in MKE

14. Scotty87

Yeah, lets trade up for a number two pick and then not let him play while Glennon shits the bed. :mad:

G Dawg likes this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm still trying to figure out what the though process was that went into signing him, let alone for 14 mil

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

That is true today and this weekend. The OP did say that he'd be in Chicago NEXT WEEK. :Poke:

I've been fortunate enough to see the Cubs play at both Wrigley Field and Miller Park. Wrigley is awesome because it is so iconic. But Miller is far better for just being an awesome, comfortable, and modern ballpark (and the Brewers are just kinda lovable underdogs :)).

Wrigley Field.JPG Miller Park.JPG

17. Scotty87

Don't cloud up my bullshit with your facts.

:D