1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what the fuck is a safe room??

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

So the news tells me to get in my safe room. Does evey house in the states come with a random safe room? What the fuck is a safe room?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's a room...built like a safe.....to keep you from harm in certain events. Most are called panic rooms.

3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

They are referring to the safest room in your house. Least number of windows, maybe not under the big oak tree in your yard, etc. We don't all have actual "safe rooms" in our homes.

4. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

The most central room in the house on the lowest floor. Basically the room that has the most walls between you and the outside to protect from flying debry

condon66 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Go to the most protected room in the house. If you have a basement go to the room that has the most concrete and earth backed walls possible.

Back when I was building houses I always concrete walled the perimeter of the front porch and metal panned and concrete poured the porch floor to make a 4 sided concrete shelter in the basement. The interior opening got a commercial grade metal door with an upper and lower air vent.

If the house was on a slab I shot for a central stair case and way overbuilt the structure around the first floor landing to give you somewhere to go.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

No no no, this is Big Bad Mark from the Islands. Not some pussy Mainland US'er. His safe room is the porch, or the lanai. Or the patio.

Stay safe from Jupiter, Fl

7. Venom51

drop, badmoon692008 and auminer like this.
  8. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Ooooooh that's a good one :crackup:

9. Captain Morgan

Don't worry. Still having a proper hurricane rum and coke. Just new back here and from the news seems like all you guys have a fortress around you!!

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

12. Captain Morgan

11 pm advisory coming out. See what Jose is up too

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Don't forget the rape whistle.You never know.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

15. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

The house I spent most of my childhood in, and where my mom is now, has exactly this, but without the door.

But it is located way above river/lake level and in an area that rarely has tornados (2 within 5 miles since it was built in 1964.)

16. Captain Morgan

I might get one. Its unbealiveble the scare tactics and panic in Fl. In boca hasen't rained a drop, wind hasn't topped 30 mph

17. Captain Morgan

Rain has finally came, happy that things are normal

18. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I believe they are all registered with the local PD, so that if something in the area happens, they come check on you.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Some peoples' keyboards should come equipped with breathalyzers. :crackup::beer:

(PS... don't forget to write your name and SSN on your arm with a Sharpie.) :rolleyes: