1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what nash has to say

Discussion in 'General' started by brian, Jan 10, 2001.

1. brian

brian Well-Known Member

i was wandering if anyone other than me read what nash had to say at rrw. with regards to pro thunder at wera races. i'm really interested in what JU thinks of all this. i'm interested in what JU thinks because hes been involved in every aspect of the racing scene. so is this good or bad?
    my .02 worth is that i think as long as you can make the room for everyone then its good. i was a national cyclist who rode in pro events in the early 90's. the pro events were put on with amateur events quite often. that allowed the up and coming guys to get some exposure. there were a few times that they tried to run so many classes that it put a big crunch on warm up time. and that wasn't good for anyone involved!!
    also how will wera run practices? pro thunder guys with the 750 experts?

[This message has been edited by brian (edited 01-10-2001).]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not 100% non a schedule yet, we'll go over some ideas with the AMA and make sure it works for us then I'll post one. It'll probably be a month or more before this happens though so be patient.

3. brian

brian Well-Known Member

sounds good. i just wondered because if everyone has an attitude like nash then they won't want "pro's" practicing with us amatuers.

4. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

I think the way it was implemented was bad. It was sprung on the Pro Thunder guys as a surprise, no explanation, no gathering input. But that, sadly, is the AMA Pro Racing way.

As whether it will be good or bad, I don't know, I guess it depends upon your viewpoint. It could lead to another rash of complaints about too-talented riders on Twins at WERA events, who knows? For Pro Thunder guys who wanted to race at Road America and Mid-Ohio and will now have to race at Portland and Summit, maybe it's not such a good deal. For Pro Thunder guys who get paid per race, maybe it's a great deal.

5. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Originally posted by julrich:
    I think the way it was implemented was bad. It was sprung on the Pro Thunder guys as a surprise, no explanation, no gathering input. But that, sadly, is the AMA Pro Racing way.

CCS did the same from '99 to '00.
    (Thank all that is Holy for the WERA BBS.)

It could lead to another rash of complaints about too-talented riders on Twins at WERA events, who knows?
    Oh geez, not that topic again. [​IMG]

For Pro Thunder guys who wanted to race at Road America and Mid-Ohio and will now have to race at Portland and Summit, maybe it's not such a good deal.
    Admit it, it sucks.